Monzo vs Starling - heart versus head

(Andy) #714

That’s one thing I liked about starling - the ability to use the card/account via ApplePay straight away without needing to wait for a physical card. Also like the potential of the market place, looking forward to seeing :monzo: version soon

I see both Monzo and Starling slowly start to give the industry a good kicking into action.

I regularly compare FinTech’s effects on the banking technology to the effects that GMail had on revolutionising web based email.

Hotmail only offered 2mb of email space, had a terrible interface and generally was unloved and feature wise abandoned for many years; then GMail pops up on the scene. GMail was prettier, offered over 100x the space for free and had a revolutionary AJAX interface allowing drag-and-drop etc…

Within a year both Microsoft with Hotmail and Yahoo! with their Mail had to step up their game to keep customers waiting for a GMail invite. I still to this day use GMail and I personally think neither Hotmail or Yahoo! really ever did catch back up.

(Alex Sherwood) #716

42 posts were split to a new topic: Is Monzo requiring acess to contacts for joint account opening / Monzo.me necessary & secure?

The only thing I prefer on my Starling account to my Monzo is the way they display Goals (Pots).

With Starling you can upload your own image and then this fits nicely across the screen with others below it and the current balance within the image. To Add/Withdraw, click the image.

Monzo have the Pot featured as a bank card with some pretty irrelevant images and the Add/Withdraw facilities underneath so, those like me with multiple Pots to make use of the IFTTT integration and updated Schedule Payment option have to keep scrolling. I know it’s only seconds, however, it is still slightly annoying.

That said, thinking of going FullMonzo in next couple of months from my legacy bank.

BTW, I am on Android Beta

(Alex Sherwood) #745

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Is Monzo requiring acess to contacts for joint account opening / Monzo.me necessary & secure?

(Alex Sherwood) #747

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Is Monzo requiring acess to contacts for joint account opening / Monzo.me necessary & secure?