Starling Discussion & Feedback

Personally I don’t care about 3D secure, it’s changing soon anyway.

I have a Visa card with HSBC that I can’t setup with 3DS, I’ve tried a replacement card, spoke to the bank about it, still doesn’t work, it’s been going on for over a year now. So I can’t use that card on any site that asks for 3DS.

IMO Monzo’s app is better, but Starling seems to have more integrations (although i’m not in London, so some are useless)

1 Like

I think I will use Monzo as my spending accoun, but Starling as my saving account. Their Goals are a million times better than Monzo’s pots and I get interest - albeit at 0.5%.

That might be a dealbreaker for a tiny handful of people, but (and without wishing to belittle the issue), I can’t imagine anyone else would be remotely concerned.

This is what worries me about Monzo - it seems to be putting identity politics to the fore, as if Monzo is aiming to be a social engineering company, as opposed to the cutting edge bank that I signed up to in the first place.

I find the whole Monzo vibe a bit creepy and cultish, especially after the dog-piling and hyper progressive groupthink I’ve seen on this forum.

That said, the moderators of this forum have definitely taken steps to improve that situation.

5 Likes

I think it’s possible to be considerate of employees needs while also building a cutting edge bank.

That’s exactly what you’ve just done - belittle the issue.

11 Likes

I see you’re making a straw man of my argument. That’s a shame, and not the level of civil discourse I’d expect of a trust-level-4 member on a Discourse forum.

To be clear I argue for consideration toward all employees and consideration of all candidate employees, without discriminating on their identity characteristics.

Edit: I’d be interested to know which community guideline violation prompted someone to flag this post?

5 Likes

Same.

1 Like

Can we keep this on topic please? I’ve just unfollowed a bunch of threads as this argument is going around in circles. I’m sure me and others would rather it didn’t continue in another thread either. :+1:

9 Likes

Pals, I agree with @ASKendrew. A friendly reminder to keep things civil! If you need, our community guidelines can be read here in this post. DM me if you have any questions!

4 Likes

Starling pushing the adverts on the App Store I see! image

2 Likes

Not sure of the point of this post in relation to the thread? Are you pointing out starling uses advertising?

2 Likes

Perhaps better located in Starling Feedback?

1 Like

I thought it fit here as if you’re undecided between the two an advert comes up for it when you search monzo on the app store. trying to sway you one final time

2 Likes

I read somewhere that being featured on App Store can boost downloads of up to 800%

1 Like

All things are not equal. Same search right now

But also, Monzo aren’t doing this.

On one hand, this is kind of funny because it’s much easier to win customers over from the legacy banks so it’s a waste of money.

But on the other, a rising tide raises all boats & trying to poach users from this small pool of users that’ve switched is arguably counterproductive.

2 Likes

Did I say they were?

I get this

lol thanks Danny. I’m sure there’s lots of other people doing this, as long as it’s not Monzo, I don’t mind :wink:

1 Like

I get Starling sponsored ad when searching Monzo in App Store

1 Like

It always changes and depends on what you put anyway, if you put Monzo you get one thing, Monzo Bank another and Monzo Bank Limited another one and so on

1 Like