Monzo Ukrainian Appeal

Because that works so well.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Sounds like a need for an ‘open banking for charites’. So the onus is on the charity to integrate with one system that all banks can then connect to.

Unless theres something like this already :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Direct debits?

2 Likes

“And in The Den this week…”

3 Likes

Doesnt seem like anyone wants to setup a direct debit :man_shrugging:

Im off to pitch my million dollar idea :moneybag:

3 Likes

I’d love a charity dashboard, where I can deposit whatever one-off or regular amount I’m happy with and then divvy it up in micro transactions and maybe build up an emergency appeal pot… There’s loads you could do, but I doubt anyone will build it.

2 Likes

Dragons’ Den had a company offering a platform with a lot of charities all in one place that you can chose to donate to.

6 Likes

Interesting. But it can only select three charities and I can’t see how they make their money, or rather where. From the blurb, it sounds like they’re charging charities for exposure, so taking a slice of the chugger pie.

I cant remember their answer but im fairly sure the dragons asked this. I also believe all 5 dragons made a joint offer so they clearly liked what they heard (however, they didnt go for the joint offer).

There is an admin fee on top of your donation. 50p I think.

2 Likes

I work in the charity sector and a lot of the platforms that act as intermediaries charge us. Some even hold the donation for ages to get the interest, then forward the original amount minus an admin fee.

A direct donation is probably best if you can. I’m not sure a lot of us are savvy enough for open banking yet, our systems are generally quite old/cheap.

4 Likes

Just delete it and get on with your day

3 Likes

Is this a suitable thread to share this?

For those on Sky Mobile and who have built up a large piggy bank of data, you can exchange it for donations to Ukraine. 25GB = a £10 donation. I’ve just exchanged 250GB of mine.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.