Monzo should acquire...?

The Great Barrier Reef.

1 Like

On a more serious note. Monzo should not acquire anyone. They have plenty to do on their core services/app features as it is.

5 Likes

Agree with you. I’m sure they can scale up their teams fast anyway and do things themselves. :slight_smile:

More control and better than relying on a 3rd party too.

This is the reason they moved to their own Faster Payments Gateway at the weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should acquire no one.
Lots still needs working on for the bank itself
cough IBAN already cough

6 Likes

Yes yes, we get it. You don’t need to post everywhere about it.

2 Likes

About what? IBAN issues? They really do need looked at though…

cough errrrr what? cough

Who’s IBAN?

Flux would be a good one

1 Like

I banna know too!

1 Like

The post office :laughing:

Well if we are just being silly… metal card maker!! :joy:

Well considering monzo is not profitable and will be for another while we’re all being rather silly suggesting Monzo could acquire another company at all :laughing:

1 Like

Where’s the fun in that statement

Moneysupermarket or other comparison site. Monzo has had a couple of years to reinvent the ‘marketplace’ wheel and the result so far is not great and there is a huge opportunity cost of wasting time fiddling about with ideas.

Buy a successful comparison business, recode it and transplant it into Monzo (before Revolut or N26 or Apple does it).

To that end, get MoneyDashboard and get all the budgeting/forecasting side in one fell swoop?

And Tesla, and offer them half price to Plus customers…??

1 Like

Monzo should acquire all other banks, then it will be the only one in the world! :globe_with_meridians:

2 Likes

Hmmm. I don’t think the investors would appreciate their investment money going towards buying a different loss making company!

But, maybe in the future they could acquire a mortgage lender? They have plenty of cash to lend, all they need is the know-how on lending stuff.

Stripe,

The payment processing business is massive and would be a great addition to their business platform.

But at stripes valuation it may be better to build their own.

Google. Monzo need to buy Google.