Monzo Shop 'Under review'

But @cookywook’s job is literally the forum…

Any Monzo employee responding/reading or doing anything that relates to work is a work duty whether Monzo asked them to do it or not.

And you’re right, but @Simonb’s job is not the forum and is not being paid by the taxpayer.

lol posters come on to the community forum for pleasure …sometimes :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Agreed, but I wouldn’t have said anything if he was talking about things unrelated to work.

I don’t think saying “I shut something down before I left work” counts as a work duty. Nor do I think Richard should be effectively ‘banned’ from the forum while furlough lasts. I think you’re overreaching slightly.

8 Likes

lol …one post …cant tell if your tongue is in your cheek :slight_smile: Cooky could have been secretly reading the forum since furlough … shame …

Slightly?

5 Likes

The guidelines are as follows, I see no issue with a response here:

2 Likes

Sorry but disagree completely here, the rules state that you’re not allowed to be:

• making money for your employer or a company linked or associated to your employer
  • providing services to your employer or a company linked or associated to your employer

I think your clutching at straws to say @cookywook has done either, you don’t say anything to any other Monzo members of staff that uses the forum in their free time so why can’t @cookywook.

Are you saying that @Rika, @Dan5, @arthur-ceccotti, @HughWells to name a few also couldn’t comment on here anymore if they were furloughed? I don’t believe that their job requires them to communicate here. I find that sentiment ridiculous, just because part of his job is managing the forum doesn’t make any difference, we all care about Monzo, that’s why we’re here, we choose to spend our free time here, so why can’t he?

You get the feeling that to be successful at Monzo you have to really care about the company and I believe that’s why we get staff commenting on here in the first place, to say they can’t because they’re furloughed is just silly.

As a “taxpayer” I don’t have a problem with it, I have a lot of problems with where our terrible government could better spend money but that’s a conversation for a different thread or place entirely.

3 Likes

That’s a lot of tags! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It used to be, but he doesn’t have anything to do with it now. He’s Social Manager.

@AlanDoe is in charge of the forum now Simon has left.

5 Likes

Yh i did think that after I posted, oops, sorry to all I tagged :confused:

Quick someone call the police and report them :rofl:

Can we talk about the Monzo Shop now rather than making accusations please? People are allowed to talk about ‘what they did when they used to work’ :wink: on a bank forum in their own time. To suggest otherwise is slightly strange and a somehwhat inappropriate thing to judge from the outside. Forum moderation would be a different matter, maybe, but that’s been prevented by removing those powers from those affected.

8 Likes

Consider my wrist slapped!

I’ll leave you to it :wave:

2 Likes

Don’t leave us @cookywook

4 Likes

hello world

He’s a level 4 which is the same as Coral Crew? What’s the issue with that? Just because he’s left Monzo doesn’t make him any less of a valued and trusted member of the community.

If Monzo trust him to have the same privileges as the Coral Crew then what’s the problem? None of the Coral Crew work for Monzo either? Shall we remove theirs as well?

8 Likes

Given that this has become a discussion of individual users and their privileges, I think it’s time to kill this debate. It’s the sole discretion of Monzo that people are give rights here so I would suggest that anyone who has issues with those decisions are better taking it up with Monzo directly.

Discussing named/identified individuals in this way is inappropriate in a public forum.