Monzo Plus – you asked us to make it simpler, so we’ve created bundles

Actually, the old travel insurance deal was pretty impressive really! Very comprehensive covering a lot of activities that other insurers charge a large excess for (such as diving).

For £4 a month covering you and your partner that’s only £24 per person for the entire year! That’s roughly the same price, if not lower, that I’d pay for a month without all the ‘dangerous’ extras!

(I know I’m missing out the £6 a month Monzo Plus fee, but I sort of see that as a separate product here and the area where Monzo were ‘taking their cut’)

Likewise, the contents insurance offers were cheaper than my current contract and covered more!

1 Like

There’s a lot of criticism of the number of people doing the testing.

Th e5 people (from my reading) were testing the design of the app; could they understand what was being offered, could they navigate the various options successfully etc? They weren’t being asked what the options should be.

Calm down folks!

7 Likes

The issue there is, they liked the offering that was already being offered by being on the waiting list, so where never going to be subjective in there opinions. Also people that are waiting for something, tend to want something quick and simple because they are annoyed at waiting for something, so again they can’t be objective.

3 Likes

Oh yeah neither do I. :rofl:

@Ordog its all to do with Jakob Nielsen. There are large amounts of criticism( Largely to do with simplicity and how that reflects the task)
Also if you did heuristic analysis of the product at any point you would realise that the product fails
(Source for Heuristic analysis:http://web.mit.edu/6.813/www/sp16/classes/20-heuristic-evaluation/)

For the lounge access - people would be paying £9 plus then lounge access above-cost for what is costs Monzo.

Why don’t you just give this to everyone? It’s not charging Monzo anything.

Yes, as posted here yesterday

Wow, I missed that bit. I have no words :face_with_thermometer:

Lounges for £9 a month and then you have to pay £25 a pop. You can pay in to most lounges one off for less than that haha.

Thats the point though… monzo then took this and interpreted it as uhhh our customer base cant understand pick and mix lets do bundles to make it easier.

Whereas if they had a theoretical monthly running total on the sign up page im sure that would have reduced the confusion significantly around price to pay… similar to the slide on loans, but was never tried :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yea … not lying that that could be slightly cheaper - but most lounges are crap that are under that price, however that’s subjective :sweat_smile:

Hahahaha. Monzo is just trolling at this point.

Good job folks. I’m not shutting my account but you’re never going to convince me again to sign up for a paid product with you :clap:

5 Likes

The timing of this post What is the 'No Spendtember' Challenge and how can you start it? also feels like trolling :thinking: “Take the ‘No Spendtember’ Challenge and cut out spending on things you don’t really need needless to say that Monzo Plus springs to mind.

9 Likes

Cut out spending you don’t need.

Monzo Plus: :white_check_mark:

10 Likes

I can’t help but feel that nobody at Monzo understands how to conduct research or interpret statistics. It feels like everyone (except Tristan) is an intern sometimes.

Dragon pass at £128 for 10 visits and then £20 after that is good value. Is it that hard to try get partnership with them or lounge key idk…

1 Like

Bundles

If someone could explain how bundles offer greater flexibility, better value, are simpler to understand or are in any way superior to offering unbundled features, I would be grateful.

66 Likes

I would like to keep interest please. It’s a small amount but offsets some of my loan interest so I can have it spare in a pot should I need it rather than onto my loan to reduce the interest. Effectively paying 1.8% on the loan amount that is equal to my credit balances.

1 Like

There’s a big problem with this approach though, I envisage:

• A significant number of Plustomers will cancel their subscriptions, with no questions asked. However, in the very least there needs to be a survey stage to capture the reason(s) for cancellation. This is extremely important to facilitate positive evolution of M+.

• M+ will have limited appeal, views of those signing up will align with the original 5 person test panel. Therefore an impression will be created that Plustomers approve of the offering, however in reality a large proportion of the overall base has already been alienated (thereby limiting success/profit).

Being a challenger bank means that you do things differently, this appears to be more representative of the way big banks release product updates without going the extra mile to verify they’re doing the right thing.

If anything the response of this community should be treated as a firm indication to go back to the drawing board.

4 Likes

This is a very good point.

3 Likes

Your doodle made me laugh but it’s so right :laughing:

I don’t see how you can get confused with what your monthly fee would be. Sounds like the entire issue could have been solved with some nice UI/UX work.

Monzo would be paving the way right now if they’d have just seen it through instead of giving up and changing direction.

15 Likes