Monzo Plus – you asked us to make it simpler, so we’ve created bundles

I actually feel better having interest on my monzo account and regular pots then I don’t need to put more in to savings pots and it gives me incentive to keep money at the bank cause before I sent most of my money to the building society but now the balances at the bank is growing quite a bit and it’s gonna keep growing as long as I get interest

And with curve metal I gain so much cashback so the amount I actually pay curve to what I get back shows there’s a lot to gain having interest and cashback rewards compared with money you pay out

I’ve never been a long term saver I’ve always saved and spent so monzo has changed everything my banking life turned around and interest on my monzo account big plus though not enough as I pay out but better than no interest and I would never give it up

I still don’t get why people think banks will them more than they pay?

Lloyds, Barclays…

Don’t know why you said Lloyd’s lol. I’m with them and got crap from interest rates etc :joy:

And how much do those accounts cost? What you’re forgetting is they are well established banks already turning over a big profit

Barclays Blue rewards is £4 a month and then you get £3.50 back for each of the first two direct debits to leave per month, along with cashback. For a current account, that generally works out far better than any interest you’d likely earn.

Halifax have a reward account that’s free and gives you £2 a month for paying in at least ~£900.

However, I’ve happily ditched Barclays to go full Monzo and make use of bill pots, because having a clearer picture of my finances is more important to me (and I got pretty fed up with a customer service team unable to do anything because the computer says no - changing my phone number and address after a house move was an ongoing 4 month saga).

Because the monthly maintenance fee allows you to guarantee a customer for a period of time, and by giving back more than the maintenance fee, the bank is likely only giving back a fraction of what it’s making with your money elsewhere.

2 Likes

I only keep Barclays account to pay my home insurance but I’m monzo all the way

Lloyds: £3/months or free, 1%(I closed it)
Barclays: I don’t remember but I think you pay £4 and Barclays pays you £7

Anyway the monzo base fee was overpriced, £3/£6 for a low quality card and interest.

Pretty sure the Lloyds interest only lasts fir a year?

No but it used to be 1.5% up to 5k

Lloyds’ was only for a year and then was lowered to sub 1% - I’m still with them. Much better off just opening a savings pot with Monzo (yes I know it takes a business day but its only one business day etc etc) or going with Marcus if you want something better but in a different bank

1 Like

Really? I didn’t know it was only 1 year. Now I’m using marcus for my savings and monzo saving pots for short goals.

1 Like

Yep - I don’t have any savings now with lloyds, no point. Just kept it for the free movie tickets.

The bundles were taken away before I even had a chance to look at them - if they do the interest too it might be an OK thing to have

The whole thing is scrapped and they’re starting again.

You can follow the progress by starting here:

Does discourse allow closing of threads with a ‘follow here’ link?

I don’t believe this is possible in Discourse.

If you are Coral Crew (or a Monzonaut) you can close threads. If you are non-CC/Monzonaut, you can’t.

But CC are usually very quick at closing threads where another user has informed there is already a topic about the discussion - and pointed them to that topic.

I suspect this (lengthy) thread remains open as it is discussing legacy Plus and to merge it into another lengthy legacy Plus thread may be more confusing than letting them run in parallel.

1 Like

You have no idea the mess it would cause trying to merge this into another thread

Might be time to close this one though

5 Likes

Bundles are no more

For information on the new plus go to