Monzo Plus - what would you like to see?

Exclusive saving accounts

Yeah, that’s a fairly big issue, especially for common names or popular phrases.

1 Like

This is so dire. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

there’s at least a couple of single letter abbreviations untaken (but not j)

1 Like

Ha, I hadn’t even thought to go for something that short - I always assume sites have restricted single and double character pairs and set a three character limit.

Of course anything I say tends not to last long…

https://community.monzo.com/t/when-can-i-change-my-monzo-me-address-to-just-my-first-name/39308/5?u=garete

I got my url shortened through chat last year and asked at the time if I could have just the forename. They said no despite me proving that others were already in use.

This is long before plus was announced, so it’s already flawed.

Ha, ironically I changed my name by deed-poll a year ago (it’s actually free, just need two witnesses) because I was working for a mortgage company and they insisted in using legal first name on everything.

I told them nobody had called me Jeremy for two decades and they said if I didn’t like it, I could change my name.

So I did.

6 Likes

That seems a bit off, it should really be “you can’t change it” or “you can change it” not a limitation like that “you can’t change it to that”

Proper Anarchist :facepunch::facepunch:

7 Likes

I now have questions…

I wonder if it will get like Twitter where you can claim unused ones?

If you cancel your subscription does it revert back to your full legal name?

Can you sign up to be notified when a url gets released?

1 Like

This is the most un-Monzo thing I have ever seen…

3 Likes

Judging from this post, it sounds like Zurich and Pluto are more of a partnership than just underwriter, but I could be wrong.

https://www.zurich.co.uk/en/about-us/media-centre/company-news/2019/zurich-backs-travel-startup-pluto-to-do-to-travel-insurance-what-monzo-did-to-banking

I think Insurance “from Pluto and Zurich” sounds like a fair statement of the contract/entity/relationship you as the consumer would have.

Zurich underwrite Pluto, Monzo don’t sell Zurich insurance though. I’ve brought this up multiple times to try and get clarification. :man_shrugging:

Really? Because i read it as insurance from pluto and zurich, not insurance from pluto underwritten by zurich. The two are very different things.

It might be legal to write it that way (i’m not sure), but its at best dishonest in its wording and I also don’t think it meets monzos own tone of voice guidance (Our tone of voice)

Monzo offer insurance from Pluto.

That’s what it should say, unless they also offer insurance from Zurich. Which from everything I have seen so far, they don’t.

1 Like

But then why not wait until things are confirmed?

Honestly I’m genuinely curious here.

Hi @Eden.

Have you spoken to Monzo in app regarding your query?

1 Like

Not yet, i figured with about 6 of them on this thread and here being where we have had concerns responded to they’d have answered. I generally consider there support to be for support…

If there’s no response, ill ask in app tomorrow and hopefully get something more than ‘ill pass that on’.

i’m surprised no one else sees the glaring issue.

What’s the plan to stop people from signing up for the first month or so (£3), getting the cool new card, customising their monzo.me link and then cancelling? Seems like the core benefits are sort of one-off and don’t encourage someone to stay subscribed.

Minimum 12 month contract.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just that others aren’t so desperate to find something.

Either way, please report back when you have an answer.

1 Like