Monzo Plus - Small Scale Trial

Chances that you have to give the merch back after 6 months?

2 Likes

Wonder what offers others have got?

Iā€™d say thatā€™s even worse - give people a choice

1 Like

I thought they werenā€™t giving out custom monzo.me for transparency, stop abuse etc ā€¦

What happens if you stop paying do you automatically lose the monzo.me .

The insurance bundle is too expensive , nationwide /Halifax bundles offer way more features for only a few more pounds a month.

7 Likes

To something random/ only first name? or just take out middle name ?

Interesting. Will be good to see what comes of this.

To match my community username jackcrwhitney

1 Like

I imagine you get to keep the items, the ones on offer arenā€™t really something they can ask you to give back imo

Would be interested to know if the investor cards ā€œstackā€ with this?

i.e. can I get a ā€œMonzo Investor Plusā€ card :thinking:

Furthermore is the ā€œshirtā€ just something I can get on the existing store?

The travel insurance wording confuses me, what happens after 12 months?

Also why are they suddenly offering to change monzo.me URLs again? As far as I know for the last while, changes to them have been blocked on the grounds of preventing abuse/fraud?

9 Likes

So Ā£3 X 6 months, Ā£18 for a custom monzo.me ahhh not sure very tempted if no-one has nicked mine

This bundle with a custom card and merch is very gimmicky, I imagine a one off fee for a metal card would sell just as well , or include it in a monzo plus bundle

1 Like

I have a Starling account for overseas withdrawals, and I donā€™t think that travel insurance is worth the monthly fee considering there are numerous deals out there - I do like the colour of the cards though

5 Likes

Must admit, I find both of these offerings incredibly underwhelming.

26 Likes

Shame itā€™s not popped up on mine. Would definitely give it a whirl, especially with the fact I very regularly travel!

Looks very much like what was shown in the focus group interviews!

Have to admit I wasnā€™t keen on the card colours - thought the black was too corporate and the blue looked like a Co-op or Barclays card.

That reminds meā€¦ I never got the 30 quid they promised!

8 Likes

I would gladly give you my trial if I could as I just wouldnt use it, surely if you contact them they might let you in as it will benefit them

Little bit underwhelming, I appreciate this is early days but Iā€™m really hoping for decent phone insurance (ie. a replacement phone the next day). Thatā€™s the only thing thatā€™s keeping my CA open with Natwest.

16 Likes

I wonder if @cookywook or @BethS can shed some light on if this is possible!

Iā€™d have been interested in the trial but no feed item for me :man_shrugging: :slight_smile:
Liked the idea of the Ā£3 a month bundle, got to say though, mobile phone insurance would be a great idea. I was tempted by So-Sure, they look very monzo like. A partnership with them would be great.

1 Like

Starling also have this on their marketplace. Looks good

1 Like

I wouldnt mind if i got a feed item on my app with a one time survey asking what I would like out of Monzo plus, surprised this has not happened as a good percentage of Monzo customers want whats best and wouldnt mind sparing 5-10minutes

3 Likes