Monzo Plus/Premium: Offers

I have signed up for the new Monzo Plus. The offers don’t appeal to me as much as discounted gadget insurance would. I pay £14 for this via Barclays and would be happy to pay the same through a Monzo Plus subscription.
I’m sure this is one of the many reasons some people are not going full Monzo.
Hope to see this type of offering soon.

The new card is great :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I had a new coral card this week and it says World debit on the rear, in bottom right hand corner, if that helps.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The only offer I might consider right now is Patch; I’ve used them before as gifts and if I were to buy some new plants again I’d use them. So assuming it’s not new customers only then great.

But generally I’m not a huge fan of bank offers.

My gut feeling is that either they are irrelevant, or I’m ineligible, or just not that good vs market offering. Or the effort the bank spends in getting an offer is just something I don’t want to be paying for.

Like from a retailers perspective, I’m not sure what the benefit is either - you need to be targeting a greater number of people to bring in new sales, vs those who were already customers who now pay less than before.

1 Like

I won’t use any of the existing offers I’m afraid. I’d rather have something similar to Monzo points.

The odd Greggs sausage roll etc

2 Likes

Please get some useful offers, they are pretty rubbish offers at the moment tbh and im sure Monzo are being paid to add these offers as some kind of affiliate ?

If you could do something like Vodafone veryme that would be amazing, give away the odd coffee, this would encourage so many people to plus.

You could really do something special with Monzo offers, but no one is going to use these offers that are nothing special, you can get a naked wines offer practically anywhere, they are spammed everywhere

2 Likes

You can get the 15% off patch anywhere, there is nothing special on monzo rewards currently

https://www.wethrift.com/patch-plants

5 Likes

Does it sound a bit unrealistic for Monzo to perhaps partner with an existing points company like Nectar? That would circumvent the need for Monzo to have its own cash back on purchases, and could mean we’re rewarded x points for every transaction, something like Amex cash back provides?

2 Likes

Thought I’d heard of Patch before just checked what it was, you can also get the same exact plants at a fraction of the cost from local garden centres and other online retailers.

Patch to me are good at marketing something that’s actually overpriced, I know I’ve looked at the site for ideas and then immediately purchased from elsewhere

2 Likes

That would be great, maybe if it was renamed as monzo rewards instead of offers, currently they appear to be showing offers that you can easily find online anyway, that’s what makes me think they are being paid to add brands onto that page,

Some kind of rewards program would be better, like Monzo tried in Plus v1

1 Like

Thanks

Well, that’s disappointing - made an order earlier with the Monzo discount!

As a whole, this offers feature feels a little filler-ish. Nothing particularly new, not really a selling point.

In my view there needs to be better selection of offers from a range of retailers. My understanding is none currently on offer are unique. When I think of banking offers the best that come to mind are Amex & Halifax or previous offers monzo has done with Greggs / Pret (not sure how sustainable these are though).

1 Like

100% I think a rewards program is the way to go. I also think you’re onto something in terms of the brands paying Monzo. If the brands are willing to pay for that coverage then surely they could play a role in a points based system sometime in the future.

1 Like

I was really hoping Monzo Plus would offer something like Curve Cash or Monzo Points instead of these trial offers that you could find with a quick Google search. Being able to choose 3-5 retailers to get 1% cash back at would have been great, or earning points at some retailers that could be redeemed.

4 Likes

I have got monzo plus. I feel like there’s not much there yet. Feel like it’s not worth paying £5 a month yet.

Love the card and interest.

Offers I feel like are not unique or great enough. Also its not personal enough or fair that you can litterally just give the code to someone since its not personal or anything. These offers can also be found off the internet.

There needs to be things like phone insurance or offers on things that people actually use.

Overall paying £5 a month just for the card and interest doesn’t seem reasonable.

Looking forward to seeing better features.

4 Likes

This the Monzo plus feature I most hope changes and grows over time.
As with better discounts the £5pcm fee could really feel worth it.
Something like the rumoured Gourmet Society membership would be great, and also a big draw for people to join plus I’d think too - obviously right now with the economic climate and the discount of meals from the government next month this wouldn’t have made sense at launch but moving forward something like this/ just improved offers is something which would make me want to keep my plus membership and make it feel worth it.

1 Like

@cookywook

First thanks for the initial set of offers not being “London” Only

Currently I have no use for the one’s there, but this doesn’t mean they’re not good, just not relevant to me.

What I’d like to see is cashback with retailers/offers off items/Buildup of cashback to use as Monzo Points etc to buy things with.

2 Likes

I refuse point blank to sign up to anything that requires me to remember to cancel it 4 weeks later.

2 Likes

Curve did that, didn’t they?