Monzo Plus: External Account Integration

@bplatt It worked!!! I don’t understand the logic at all but I’m happy it’s resolved. Do we need to raise this to anyone in Monzo because even their online chat couldn’t solve it but the community came through! :clap:

4 Likes

It wouldn’t hurt to let them know via in-app chat. They might make a note for anyone else who has the issue.

1 Like

It seems Virgin Money integration via True Layer is already in beta; is there an ETA on when Monzo might start allowing us to connect out VM accounts?

https://truelayer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025108713

1 Like

Monzo don’t use TrueLayer, but I’m assuming if they’re hooked into TL, that VM have an Open Banking connection at last so shouldn’t be too far out. But it depends whether that’s one that Monzo see as a priority vs other banks.

1 Like

There’s also this, which came in an email today from VM. Would be awesome to consolidate it all, as I don’t need to run an app per each card/account.

According to their survey from a few months ago, VM was a second most voted for credit card provider people wanted integration for.

Can anyone from Monzo chime in, or provide some details on upcoming integrations with other banks?

1 Like

There are rumoured to be some Monzo Plus/Premium updates coming, but no word yet on what they are, or when they’ll drop :frowning_face:

Considering how many votes Virgin got, I’m say they haven’t been integrated yet. That would cover all my accounts nicely in one place.

One thing I think could be better/clearer, is that my permissions/connection has expired and it needs to be renewed. Grey it out or something?

I had the notification and obviously didn’t do it at the time and I don’t particularly need it, I know there’s a transfer from Monzo to Lloyds and then a credit card direct debit, but for others, this might be more important.

2 Likes

Hey @Revels thanks for flagging this! Just to check - has the connection expired for these two Lloyds accounts? Did you ever see this little orange :warning: symbol? If not, there’s definitely a bug here.

1 Like

Hi. They’d both expired, I got the notification to remind me but didn’t do anything about it at the time. Nope, never seen that the symbol on there.

(App version 3.66.0 #707) Unless it’s updated since I posted that screenshot.

1 Like

Does anyone here know why i get ‘OBA19 - Sorry this feature is currently unavailable. Please try again later.’ when trying to link my barclaycard?

2 Likes

When Vanquis is integrated I will upgrade to Premium. That’s why I have Vanquis.

1 Like

It would be nice for a Tymit integration but I don’t see that any time soon as Tymit are still in early stages

1 Like

We’ve just added Revolut as our newest External Account Integration, please let us know if you see anything strange or unexpected in the flow/your transactions!

12 Likes

Nice try, new user! Ha ha ha…

… wait :eyes:

3 Likes

It’s there

Random stranger brings news

Welcome btw Andreas

1 Like

@AndreasH works at Monzo but doesn’t have the tag yet for some reason

2 Likes

I wonder if I can say things, and they magically happen……

:eyes:

Dark Mode is now available in the app.

4 Likes

I’d go for my balance being £1,000,000 but hey…

4 Likes

Tom Hardy is on the doorstep carrying a suitcase of cash and a pepperoni pizza.

*dashes to door to check*

1 Like