Monzo Plus British Airways -10% offer

I would have the same view you did - especially from reading the terms which make no mention of a voucher code, just “spend a cumulative total of >£200, on our website or the app”.

Seeing the Voucher code, then that specific term, and then no place to enter said code - I would think it would be done automagically.

What this screams to me, especially the way the T’s and C’s are written - is that it’s a generic BA offer, and the workflow hasn’t been tested.

2 Likes

@BritishLibrary, thank you for your show of support. After initially getting an error as I tried the journey by clicking on the link in the email on my laptop, I wasn’t too fussed at not seeing a field for the promo code when I then restarted the journey in the app. It felt like just another unexpected behaviour, but since I was in the app, didn’t initially think twice about it - though apparently I was sufficiently concerned to take a screenshot yesterday after making my booking.

Well really and truly it’s just a generic promo code. You can use any payment card (I was originally planning to use my AMEX) you don’t even need to be a Monzo customer to use the code.

The terms and conditions have almost certainly been written in this way to put off non-Monzo customers from using the code.

I think I’d be far more confident in Amex purchase protection than any banks debit card.

1. The Promotion Code “BASpecial” is only eligible to UK customers. Customers can participate in this offer on ba.com* or via a British Airways Engagement Centre.

2. Subject to the conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions, the Promotion Code “BASpecial" allows all UK customers to receive 20% off any new booking on British Airways marketed and operated flights only. The Promotion Code discount is off the total price including taxes, fees and carrier charges.

1 Like

Thank you all for the information you’ve provided. Needless to say, I used my 24-hour cooling-off period to cancel the booking. On reflection, I don’t think the Ts&Cs that Monzo shared were as clear as they ought to have been - nor was it clear in their email that a promo code would need to be used.

Am now considering whether to re-book using the other promotional offer that some of you have shared.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.