Monzo Plus - Bi-Weekly Update 28th November 2019

I made the comment in another thread about these updates being more of a show and tell rather than a conversation/feedback session.

Similar feel with this one… :grimacing:

2 Likes

That wouldn’t work if the account ‘fell between’ Two and Three though, would it.

2 Likes

gold frankincense and myrrh

2 Likes

Monzo
Monz - Oh?
Monz - Woah!

10 Likes

We don’t know if they are going to be tiered, if not there’d be nothing wrong with using Four.

Basically true to Plus form, we are lacking any real information.

Monzo Base Current Account (free)
Monzo Prime Current Account (paid - colour card choice, interest on current account, choice of 2 benefits*)
Monzo Premier Current Account (paid - colour or metal card choice, interest on current account, choice of 3-5 benefits*)

*Benefits include cashback, travel, mobile, breakdown, Home (buildings & contents) insurance

16 Likes

Monzo Classic Current Account*
Monzo Reward Current Account**
Monzo Privilege Current Account***

*Basic Current Account
**Cashback, Marketplace etc.
***Value Added Products, Insurance, LoungeKey etc.

5 Likes

Tofu
Banana
Cucumber

If you know, you know :wink:

15 Likes

in-line with a certain Monzo rocket;

Monzo LIFTOFF Current Account (free)
Monzo BOOST Current Account (paid - colour card choice, interest on current account, choice of 2 benefits*)
Monzo MAX-Q Current Account (paid - colour or metal card choice, interest on current account, choice of 3-5 benefits*)

*Benefits include cashback, travel, mobile, breakdown, Home (buildings & contents) insurance

4 Likes

Then what? Ultra-Privilege?

Without knowing what the account includes, pros and cons of each one. I quite like the idea of basing them off colours.

Monzo Coral / Monzo Coral Current Account (Has to be the Free Account)
Monzo Blue / Monzo Blue Current Account
Monzo Red / Monzo Red Current Account

I think the shorthands are nice and simple, I like the sound of them when you refer to them just by Monzo ‘Colour’ rather than current account.

Leaves room for expansion with more variants and I also think it’s a nice way if the accounts aren’t necessarily tiered, doesn’t lend to one being better than the other.

It would be good if the colours were tied to the cards though. If cards had patterns you could maybe mix colours with pattern designs i.e have them called:
Monzo Coral
Monzo Camo
Monzo Red

3 Likes

2.5… next?! :wink:

1 Like

Hmm…agreed the list is not Futureproof but so are fintechs :smiley:

1 Like

Everyone needs to be aware of the competition and their naming schemes:

N26

• You
  • Metal

Revolut

• Premium
  • Metal

Curve

• Black
  • Metal
7 Likes

I would like to know what becomes of those who didn’t cancel whenever the new Plus alights. Will they get migrated onwards? Forgotten?

The name might be a fun exercise but it is a bit pointless, could easily be referred to as bish, bash, bosh at least until the whole thing has been fleshed out.

1 Like

Wow. Metal then.

Because that’s really what I want from a bank, the tip of top, the cream of the crop, metal or nothing!!

Sorry, the focus on such material possessions is, to me, absurd. Offer a metal card all you like, but don’t base a product offering on it.

/rantover /sorrynotsorry

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I think it is a gimmick but have no problem if people want to pay extra for one but to use it as a basis to incorporate other features feels wrong.

2 Likes

We have a winner

3 Likes

As others have expressed this naming exercise seems like a distraction from the concerns of the majority on pay walling app functionality. Do you need the names now? why don’t we have some codenames/temporary names (bish, bash, bosh works for me) and when the products are well defined some clever names can be decided.

3 Likes

Monzo back to basics current account (B2B on card)
Monzo unique current account (unique on card)
Monzo unique platinum current account (unique platinum on card)