Monzo Plus and Premium (2020) for Joint Accounts

:man_shrugging:lol, it is a catch-22 - I can’t win :point_up:

Just to repeat what I said on Twitter, we haven’t decided our prioritisation yet. Our staff - and particularly our senior execs, as you can see from Jonas (CTO) and Andy (VP Engineering) tweeting about it - are heavy joint account users (as am I). We have a very vested interest in building it, but we want to be objective about the prioritisation.

Here are the data points I’m looking at, to help us be objective:

• Survey from 3,000+ customers who dropped out of the sign-up funnel without upgrading (and reasons they gave for not signing up)
  • Survey from ~ 200 customers who cancelled Plus (and reasons they gave for cancelling)
  • Survey from 1,000+ customers who still have Plus (and what features or improvements they want to see next)
  • What people are saying on the forum, instagram and twitter

Joint accounts don’t have to come top of the customer requests list to be prioritised either. As some of you mention there are other reasons to prioritise them - like how long it takes to build, for example.

Anyway, feel free to challenge the methodology, just preferably constructively :grimacing: .

On that note. Just to be clear @Chris7, what you’re suggesting is exactly the data point I posted on twitter. As I said “We surveyed 3,000+ people who dropped out of the funnel for Plus and only 6% was due to JAs” => that is people who opened the upgrade page and subsequently clicked off it without upgrading. We asked them why they didn’t sign-up :upside_down_face: .

This kind of feedback is super helpful, as it helps us scope out how we’d build it and how long it’d take. With some confidence that we’d be building it in the way you expect! Helping us spot things that might break when it moves onto a Joint Account too would be appreciated :pray:

23 Likes