Monzo on iPhone X

Hi everyone :wave:

I’ve been writing some guidelines for the rest of the support team to answer iPhone X related questions and thought the community would like to know the answer to some of these so you don’t have to ask support.

FAQ

Q: Will Monzo support the iPhone X display size?
Of course! Our iOS engineers have been working in the iPhone X simulators for quite some time now and we hope to get the update out as soon as possible. The same update also includes lots of changes for the upcoming current account upgrade. :soon:

Edit: The update is out for our TestFlight group now and is waiting for App Store approval. Looking like a Monday release. :white_check_mark:

Q: Will Monzo support Face ID?
Out of the box, Monzo should work with Face ID for unlocking the app and payments. There will be a possible warning from iOS about the app being designed for Touch ID. Text and artwork in the app may still reference Touch ID too. :see_no_evil:

This will get fixed in time once we have our own devices. :office:

Current Account Preview specific

Q: How can I get my current account preview app back on my iPhone X?
Download TestFlight from the App Store, log in with the same Apple ID you accepted your invite with, and download the current account preview app from there. Don’t try to reuse your original email invite link!

If you are unable to download the app from TestFlight, then contact support.

Q: Will the current account preview app be updated for iPhone X?

No, the current account preview app will not receive any further updates. Please keep an eye on the main app for an upcoming banner that will allow you to seamlessly upgrade to the full release of the current account.

Please let me know if there’s anything I have not covered. :slightly_smiling_face:

25 Likes

Sneak peak screenshot. :grin: :pray: :wink:

6 Likes

Is overdrafts also in the new app update? Because I’ll need one for an iPhone X. :money_with_wings:

30 Likes

Getting the X tomorrow, good work guys - I hope the update is out soon! I know the ‘software bezels’ on certain apps are going to frustrate me for a while…:weary:

1 Like

So was just thinking :thinking: with the imminent release of the iPhone X :calling: tomorrow just wondered if Monzo :monzo: have started or have updated the screen layout of their iOS app?

P.S

Anyone else ordered the iPhone X :iphone:

Here’s the FAQ:

3 Likes

You beat me to it Colin!

(and yes eagerly awaiting my delivery tomorrow :rofl:)

2 Likes

I bought the 8 last Friday, I will buy the X on the next release

1 Like

Aww brilliant stuff thank you :ok_hand::raised_hands::+1:

One old man near me got conned out of £500 paying someone for an iPhone 9 that of course never arrived

1 Like

Collecting mine tomorrow too! Hopefully it won’t be long that most devs supports the new odd shaped screen. Seen quite a few app updates that all mention X screen compatibility.

1 Like

Hi @SeanK I moved your topic here, so it’s all in one place. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got the S8 already :joy:

though emoji videos look amusing though, they showed them on This Morning.

:eyes:

Looking forward to this! I’m sure there will be photos of Monzo on iPhone X popping up tomorrow :smiley:

1 Like

I would love an iPhone X, if my entire family would just be happy with a stick of chewing gum each as their Christmas present, I might just be able to afford it!

3 Likes

Just logged into the current account on the X this minute. It’s currently not scaled properly for the X’s screen and all the spending data has reset during the switch also so I’ve lost the last two months of categorisation.

Edit: just enabled Touch ID on the pre paid app then relaunched which prompted a ‘allow face ID’ message click allow and Face ID works great.

Edit 2: Making a payment brings back any previous spending history that you have.

Yeah the current account app from TestFlight will not support iPhone X. The prepaid TestFlight app supports it and will soon be in the App Store. This will also become the current account app once migrated from prepaid.

Also the app is looking good on the iPhone X. As is the forum :+1:t2::sunglasses:

4 Likes

So got my iPhone X today. To confirm - for me at least… the current account from TestFlight does NOT work. Also, the prepaid account (which has also now become the current account) from TestFlight does not also work. With faceID enabled, I just get a blank navy screen with the monzo logo. (I haven’t logged in yet). When I disabled faceID, the app opens and then immediately closes.

So now I can’t use my monzo app :frowning:

I’ve had to delete both test flight apps today due to them crashing on launch.

Reinstalled and working fine now.