Monzo now lets you get paid a day early, for free

Screen 3, seems to repeat the messaging from screen 1. Additionally screen 1 and 2 have a progress bar with only 2 stages, with the final stage being “OKAY”, which suggests it’s the final stage. If the third screen isn’t actually the odd one out and is meant to be there, it feels a bit disjoint.

2 Likes

I had the same experience on iOS. Didn’t flow well

Looks like screen 3 could be knocked out with no loss of information or flow (maybe actually improvement to the latter)

1 Like

I am due to be paid tomorrow, but cannot see the greyed out salary on my Monzo account, shame because I was quite looking forward to getting paid early.

It should have been showing since Friday if it’s a BACS due tomorrow

Yes, it’s Bacs. I have a feeling it has something to do with Wagestream, and it’s mucked it up.

I rung Monzo and they cannot see anything incoming.

I usually can see my wages greyed out three days before but the now it seems to be greyed out one day before? Has this happened to anyone else?

It sounds like a Monzo problem then, because my friend cannot see anything in his account.

It should be the working day before. So if you’re due to be paid on a Monday, then you’ll see it greyed out on a Friday. Paid on Thursday, greyed out on Wednesday etc.

1 Like

I get paid on a Monday and cannot see the greyed out salary in my bank account, rather unusual considering I was able to see it on the Friday before.

1 Like

I have a payment tomorrow and it was greyed out and paid early on Friday

I’m getting paid on the Tuesday this time and can’t see it. It happened to me last month I couldn’t see it greyed out until the very last day.

That’s how it’s supposed to be, the day before except if there’s a weekend or bank holiday directly before the payment

1 Like

Oh thanks, I didn’t know that before.

Since this feature launched, I got my first BACS payment during the week that was not salary, rather a largish reimbursement

Moved it forward a day as well and into an interest bearing pot

None of the arguments against that case that some made against the moving of salary. It was “my money” so why not have it sooner?

3 Likes

Looking at the previous payment you received … Do you see an option which says ‘Send money x’ where x is the name of the company?

Used this again today with my expenses - can’t fault this feature. It’s definitely a selling point! I probably won’t use it for my salary (unless it falls over the weekend!) but for other inwards BACS payments it’s great.

7 Likes

Does the 3-page acceptance flow show up every time you do it, or is it a first-time and done thing, does anyone know?

I just open the transaction, not the get paid early feed item, and it was just the first time (i think. i can’t remember seeing it)

I’ve had 4 independent deposits via BACS in the last month and they all came up with ‘get paid early’ prompts which I followed to claim the money early.
I’m also curious to see what happens with the next cycle of the same monthly BACS payments - does Monzo remember them (and claim them a day early automatically) or do you have to manually claim them again?