Monzo.me link fail

Tried using @tristan’s 5 Day old Monzo.me link to give it a go but the transaction failed and I wasn’t redirected to the :monzo: app either. Do the links eventually time out?

I don’t know for sure but I don’t think they expire - that would cause quite a few problems (if they do, that’s definitely not expected behaviour).

Monzo did do some experimenting with the format of the links (legal name / preferred name etc.) so I expect Tristan’s was changed because of that. The links should be consistent & stable now.

I expect Monzo will let us know if any more changes are made.

1 Like

From your screenshot, it looks like you opened the link from the official Twitter app?

Unfortunately, Twitter’s app opens all links in their own in-app browser and doesn’t pass them to iOS to redirect to the Monzo app. To open a link from Twitter in Monzo, hit that icon in the top right and select Open in Safari.

Just to check, you were using a debit card to send money, right? Credit cards are not supported in Monzo.me, same rules as topping up your own account. Either way, links do not expire and you should have hit an error much earlier in the process if that link wasn’t correct.

3 Likes

Yeah I was actually using my Monzo card itself, I’ll give it another try through safari. :facepunch:t2:

Edit: opening via safari worked perfectly fine, I was redirected to the app instantly.

2 Likes

Just checking! That error is the same one I believe is shown if you do try and use a credit card. :innocent:

1 Like