Monzo Labs: Share Card Replacements 💳

(Richard) #83

Interesting one here - I requested a new investor card back in December and then switched on this labs feature when it first became available.

I haven’t gone around updating my details but just now I’ve had a notification that my Spotify subscription has been billed. I’ve logged into my account to check and once you skip past a few warnings about them not being able to take payment I can see that they have my new card details in there.

So two observations with this - it looks like this WILL work even if you switch the feature on after requesting a card, and it looks like with Spotify at least, they only detect the new card after trying and failing to take payment.

I’ve got Dropbox and Netflix due out soon so I’ll see what happens with them.

Edit: I just remembered that I had to update Netflix manually last month.
As for Dropbox, I’ve just logged into my account and I can see from the last 4 digits that they already have my new card details so it looks like that works too!

(Dan Baker) #84

Activated my new card yesterday. So far not received any notification of update. It hasn’t updated on Amazon or Paypal and Curve.

Didn’t expect Curve to work, but did expect the other two.

Edit: So far, absolutely nothing has seen to updated. Notably Amazon, Paypal, O2 and iTunes.

(Iain) #85

Paypal and iTunes didn’t work for me. Amazon order just made so will update depending on how that goes.

Seems like this is pretty spottily implemented by the industry at present.

(Simon) #86

Had the feature turned on and activated my new card.
So far i have had to update amazon manually as i needed to buy something.
Uber hasn’t updated and has been a week.
I will keep checking to see when it updates.