Monzo Labs: Ordering Accounts and Pots

I wish I could agree but I feel we’re so many failed deadlines and launches and parity issues in that I’m not even a little bit surprised :mask:

5 Likes

You can’t miss a deadline if you only say :soon: :joy:

11 Likes

:joy:

or :soon: :soon: - makes more of an impact! :joy:

I’m still baffled this hasn’t been implemented on iOS yet. it was teased back in Oct!

I love Monzo & all their work but I just hope this doesn’t get put on the back-burner then forgotten about. As it’s such a key feature that many people would find useful.

@bruno - Any update on this feature?

10 Likes

:wave:

I want to share an update on hiding/sorting Pots on iOS.

As you know we’ve had to put this on hold at the end of last year to prioritise some critical pieces of work. We’ve finished that work and I can tell you I’m really impressed with the things we’ve built there. There’s some truly amazing functionality built with a high level of polish that I hope makes its way to the apps soon. None of this is secret, it’s all been revealed on this forum through Android tear downs.

This past Monday we started working on Pot hiding/sorting again, and that work has progressed really well. I avoided sharing that here until we had all the code merged with a release train ready to ship it to customers. I understand you’re all disappointed this couldn’t happen sooner and I didn’t want to promise it being released in case we’d have to put it on hold again to work on some other initiatives.

Why I’m sharing this now…

It’s no secret that some people at Monzo will go on Furlough, myself included, so tomorrow will be my last day working at Monzo until furlough ends. Furlough means I have to be strictly off work, and as such I won’t be in the loop of anything happening at Monzo for the next few months. This is a public forum so I’ll still have access here, but no point asking me questions here as I won’t be able to answer any of them.

There’s just a few days of work left on this feature, probably less than week. If we do get to finish it now it should be available in the Stores in the next few of weeks (remember there’s roughly 2 weeks between finishing a feature and it being on the Stores). But these are critical times for every company and we need to be very strategic about what we do in the coming weeks/months. There’s a non zero chance Pot hiding/sorting will have to be put on hold again as we reprioritise work internally, we’ll have to wait and see.

If this doesn’t come out now, please be kind. Everyone at Monzo is moving mountains to adapt to this crisis. These are very difficult times for everyone and I’m sure all of you have also been affected in some way, we’re all doing our best to cope.

Be safe everyone :hot_coral_heart:

62 Likes

Thanks for the update. Take care of yourself

4 Likes

Thank you. Exciting times ahead.

Hope everyone at Monzo keeps safe and well.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know the situation Bruno, it is troubling times at present but we will get through it if everyone adheres to the advice.

Please take care and be safe :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks for the update Bruno. Your engagement with the forum really is the gold standard! :heart_eyes: And your work on the app has brought us so many improvements already (I continue to actively enjoy the new nav), so look forward to when your recent work sees the light of day.

I hope you are able to use the furlough time to pursue other interests, and stay well. Thanks again for keeping us in the loop.

14 Likes

Thank you for the update, Bruno. Thanks for all your hard work with forum engagement and building a great app. Stay safe and look after yourself.

2 Likes

Alpaca farming?

11 Likes

A new bank? :speak_no_evil: :wink:

3 Likes

I look forward to your return and the release of this feature.

1 Like

My best wishes to you and your family at this time @bruno , i cant help but feel sad to see you leave and i know the community will be temporarily less well off without you!

Hopefully you come back well rested, happy and ready to continue the fantastic work youve done to date

3 Likes

^^^What they said^^^

It won’t feel the same here without your link between us and the insides of Monzo. Stay safe, stay sane and we’ll see you onbthe other side.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @bruno it’s much appreciated!

Stay safe, try to enjoy the time off In furlough where you can, look forward to hearing from you when you’re back!

3 Likes

Thank you for the update @bruno

Hope everyone at Monzo is doing well and staying safe. Big love :monzo:

6 Likes

Morning all, I now see pot sorting and hiding for iOS in labs well done @bruno :ok_hand: :+1::+1:

I’ve just switched it on and can’t seem to see how you change the sort order or hiding? is this getting ready for the next app upgrade ?

1 Like

Yeah, doesn’t go anywhere, does it?

2 Likes