Monzo Labs: Easy Bank Transfer

Me neither lol

4 Likes

I don’t want another bank account either, so if you’d like to go and have a nice quiet word to whoever is in charge of cheques, then i wouldn’t need another account and therefore your new features :wink: :rofl:

Not sure if that’s a compliment or an insult, either way, I do like this feature

2 Likes

Tested on both HSBC and Nationwide. Both worked very well. Also feels much more secure having to authenticate using my other banks’ apps!

1 Like

Yeah I am full Monzo +Amex so can’t even test it :sob:

1 Like

It’s very impressive, going to be great when the request money ability is there

1 Like

Nor me. Still, I’ve got a feeling that Kieran and co have got more features up their sleeve for us full Monzo lot. Great work guys, so happy to see the app develop like this.

Worked for me via the Natwest app that I’m logged into on Android.

1 Like

This was a delight to use! Used it with my Halifax account. Super quick interaction (gosh bless biometrics) and instant transfer.

1 Like

@kieranmch
I must be doing something wrong.
It goes through all the steps and when it’s ready to pass my back to Monzo a web page from Monzo pops open - verify Monzo

Then says open in app.

Nothing happens then have to restart the process.

Worked fine just now with HSBC. As noted by someone earlier in the thread, the first attempt at loading the T&C page for the feature failed, but “Try Again” worked ok. Might be something up there!

I’m not seeing it either, despite being on the latest version (I think).

Am I doing something wrong, and does anyone have any ideas, please?

I have to say - I’m super impressed with this feature end to end. I’ve used it with Santander and HSBC to add money to my Monzo account - completely flawless!

Is very interesting to see the different user experience offered by HSBC vs Santander - obviously I cant share/record…

All I am waiting for are HSBC & AMEX Credit Cards

1 Like

I deleted and reinstalled and seemed to work from your screen

1 Like

Thank you. I had the TestFlight app installed, and I’ve just re-downloaded the app from iCloud, and it’s worked

2 Likes

Huh, somehow you’re on release #647, today’s one is #648 (still version 3.40.0). I’m not sure how to help you onto the latest without a reinstall I’m afraid!

1 Like

Just tried this with Barclays and it worked very slickly.

Loved the way it automatically reverted to the Monzo app. I also liked the prompt from Barclays as to which account I’d like the payment to come from (I have a current account with them and two savings accounts, effectively legacy pots).

Great stuff!

Is anyone aware of any other banks doing anything like this?

Thanks, @mycl, I’ve redownloaded it from iCloud, and it now works.

What a great feature. Very smooth! Well done to the development team :+1:

1 Like

Agree the custom reference would be good

1 Like

This is the behaviour I see. If you do the same thing from the feed item (rather than from the add money screen), do you get an error from your other bank?

We are aware of this issue and are working on it.

1 Like