Monzo Labs: Connected Credit Cards

I think that must have only been added in the last few days.

They still have Barclaycard listed on their what banks and cards will you be integrating next page, which was last updated 6 days ago.

1 Like

I asked chat about not being able to add one because I wanted to add one and couldn’t. They couldn’t advise if it’s a bug or not, however, provided a deep link to add one if you need to:

Connect a Credit Card

:crossed_fingers: Fingers crossed someone from the relevant team and can see this thread and take a look at it

3 Likes

Okay so bear with, I’m not a technomong but I’m not an app developer either, I have TestFlight on IOS but I don’t have the option on “do more” for split the bill or connect a credit card. I get that it’s only been released to some but I once clicked a deep link which took me to it but now I can’t find an IOS compatible one. Do you have to have an account with truelayer before it becomes available?

Monzo control what options appear in-app from their side, it doesn’t matter if you have the latest Testflight or not.

If you don’t have access to Split a Bill this seems to be due to prior use (I have never used it before so it’s showing for me). If you don’t have the Add credit card option, you can either use the deeplink or you should be able to search the help and there’s a link in the help article you can use.

Certainly not got that option on mine and when I do a help article search all I get is ones about the provider they use etc but nothing where I could actually attempt to add me cards or at least try to

The link in app and the help articles which contained the deep link have vanished…

At the moment this link is the only way I can find.

None of my cards are listed so I’m not missing anything then :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, this ain’t happening for Amex or Barclaycard, is it?

Shouldn’t have got my hopes up when it was first announced. :pensive:

2 Likes

It should be vaguely soon. The feature being teased in the ‘new feature coming soon :eyes:’ or something like that thread is connected accounts through open banking.

Given how popular Amex and Barclaycard are they should (:crossed_fingers:) be included. They’re my two credit cards so v much hoping they are.

6 Likes

I believe this is the case as the person who initially teased it works in the Open Banking department. I’d assume that almost all of the banks that aggregators like Emma & Yolt are capable of connecting to will be available in the Monzo app.

I’m hoping we can manually add accounts at some point (maybe a ‘Plus 2.0’ feature) to get an overview of finances for the providers that aren’t supported yet (Marcus by GS specifically, not sure why access to them has being revoked by Emma, Yolt & MB).

Hopefully we’ll see this soon as you said!

2 Likes

Because Marcus doesnt provide an open banking connection method (it isn’t required to because the account doesn’t come within the scope of PSD2 regulation).

Interestingly Moneyhub has chosen to continue to support Marcus via screen scraping. They provide a nice summary of the current state of open banking and why they have chosen to continue to support Marcus via screen scraping

1 Like

I noticed the link has gone and I can’t use the deep link or it doesn’t work in iOS.

Why add something and then take it away??

1 Like

as they’re preparing to launch the feature properly?

4 Likes

Ooh let’s hope

1 Like

Truelayer apparently now have Amex connection in private beta

Not sure how much I trust this “integrating next” page; I’ve seen banks drop off it in the past without getting integrated. But its the first time I’ve seen them list a connection as being in beta.

4 Likes

I’m not sure that Truelayer is that relevant any more. The way I’ve read the Android tear downs is that Monzo is doing the integration directly without a third party (at last!). I may well be wrong though…

6 Likes

Fingers cross we get a date soon

Tomorrow is early June. Tomorrow works for me!

(I’m probably off-beam here but I’m expecting a mega-announcement some point soon: app changes, New Plus etc all rolled into one Big Bang).

4 Likes

Yeah some serious change is a bit overdue

1 Like

Soon

I think you might be right, Tom leaked that they are releasing Plus soon (1 tier)
Kieran has mentioned this is coming soon
Credit score is having an update about that early June

Hopefully June will be a big month for Monzo