Monzo Labs: Connected Credit Cards

Tried with Natwest and I can confirm it all went through fine! It asked me if I want to provide both my current account and credit card, I selected both, but I can only see my credit card in Monzo, I assume as it is just credit cards at the moment?

Strangely I tried it with Nationwide just to test the connection. I don’t have a nationwide credit card, I have the flex account and a saving account there. You can’t share the saving because they haven’t put that on the API yet. I’ve now got a Nationwide card in my Monzo account, but it won’t update (because it’s not a credit card obvs haha)

Was fun though to test the app to app approval flow

1 Like

I’ve got all the bugs…

From the accounts overview page, pressing on the ob credit card, crashes the Monzo app (2.63.0)
going to connect another ob credit card and the list has reverted back to the old version as I can see TSB, Santander etc as options.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s just you. The list has reverted back for me too now

Also just noticed this too, assume they have reverted back to how it was before for some reason.

I don’t seem to be able to delete my current Barclaycard. The delete button doesn’t do anything on either the old or new nav

I have the same issue with my Barclaycard

Delete isn’t working on any cards (on Android). Not sure if it’s app version specific, but I have a feeling I read that it had stopped working a while ago but maybe wrong.

3 Likes

deleting cards work for me on iOS (13.1) app v2.63.0.
I was able to delete both my ‘old’ barclaycards.

1 Like

Mines now switched back to the old way too… :eyes:

1 Like

I updated my post as it’s on Android :+1:

interestingly now that I have deleted both my ‘old’ Barclaycards, when I select any card in the account overview, it no longer crashes.

Will this provide (at some point) more options like paying your credit card balance from within the Monzo app?

Flow didnt feel any different to me :thinking:
Barclaycard… ios 2.63

Same here for Lloyds - not sure anything has changed…

The flow seems to have reverted back

BTW @Jami shouldn’t these OB connections shows in Manage Apps? They’re not currently.

Manage apps is for incoming connections rather than outgoing isn’t it? The credit cards don’t have any access to Monzo?

2 Likes

True but this is like the ‘trust centre’ for connections - with OB connections you have to re-authenticate every 90 days

True, hadn’t considered that :+1: