Monzo Labs: Bill Splitting event

And bank transfers too so people can avoid costing monzo money with monzo.me if they want to! I’ve also had people refuse to use it as they’re concerned about giving out their cards details to something they don’t understand

4 Likes

I’ve also had this. A little silly since most of the same people are happy submitting their bank details to online merchants.

Perhaps, being able to add a person without Monzo by adding their bank details and the amount on the split cost screen then sharing your bank details to them, so Monzo can recognise the bank transfer as part of the split when it’s sent? This would probably require better payee management though.

3 Likes

It’s easy for us to think that as we know what monzo is but if someone has never heard of it then they aren’t able to make an informed decision on it’s safety

Will this also be taken into account in Summary? One thing I hate is Summary thinking I’ve spent more than I did because I paid for something and people paid me back.

3 Likes

Any rumours what this ‘secret’ feature is?

Edit: turns out it was 3Dsecure :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ‘Note: This mystery feature (3DS) is now live in Labs! Get some more details onhow it works on and how you can help us with your feedback on the evening.’

2 Likes

Arrrrgh, I was really hoping this wouldn’t be the case, 3 new features in one week, we were almost that lucky :sleepy:

1 Like

That’d be nice

We’re getting spoilt

I thought it’d be direct debit pot , that’s the next game changer for me

4 Likes

That’s would be cool, has there been anything submitted to sneak peeks regarding how this would work?

Nothing in sneak peaks

@tom has tweeted a little about this and recently Monzo blogged about the possibility saying ‘watch this space’ which makes me think the idea is developed somewhat…

Nothing yet just talk of it

There won’t be a live stream tonight, as we’re in the process of moving offices and without internet at old HQ :pensive: but, we’re recording and will have this up and online to view between 8.30pm and 9ish tonight, so not long after the event :+1:

14 Likes

Thanks for the update @Naji

2 Likes

I came here to find out about this exact thing, thanks mate! :wink:

Bill splitting now showing in Labs

1 Like

3 Likes

Really disappointed that this only works with other Monzo users :frowning:

8 Likes

Just said the same thing on DevSlack! Unfortunately it’s untestable for me :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

Here we are :+1: tonight’s event (not quite) live and direct!

3 Likes

We’re not going for a meal together :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

39 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bill Splitting Feedback Thread