Monzo Labs: Android Biometric Prompt (Face Unlock!)

It works for me. Did you turn it on in labs?

You need to enable these settings:

Ahhh I had the biometric setting on and missed the part about the setting in privacy and security.

Thank you!

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Has anyone else had trouble with their phone (pixel 4xl in my case) randomly “forgetting” their face? It’s now happened twice for me in 24 hours, both times when opening Monzo (though I understand with such a small number of occurrences). I’ll open the app and my face isn’t recognised, anything else I then do on my phone requiring my face also then displays the same behaviour. The only fix is in my phone’s settings to delete my face and setup face unlock again.

I’ve found it to be quite laggy and often gets stuck. By this I mean, I click a notification to authorise an online payment, the app pops up and mentions needing auth, then the biometrics bit takes 10 seconds or more to show. Sometimes I might’ve been able to place my finger on the pad before the UI updates. One other time when trying to unlock the app, I’ve had the biometrics UI come up, not accept my finger, and then proceed to sit on top of all other UI without being able to be actioned, and preventing the notifications from coming down. I had to restart my phone to get out of it.

1 Like

Can we get a pin fallback for this? Now that we’re wearing facemasks everywhere it can be pretty inconvenient when you need to use Monzo.

1 Like

Sorry if this has been answered before but I don’t have time to read the 104 previous messages. I have toggled on the biometrics option under my profile settings. Closed down and even stopped the app. I get no prompts to record my biometric info. Looking at enabling fingerprint log-in, which I’ve been able to set up on other banking apps without a problem. One Plus 3T A3003 Android 8.0.0. I don’t have any suitable options to enable any pertinent features from within the OS settings menu.

There are two settings for biometrics.

You need to make sure that ‘unlock app with biometrics’ is enabled for unlocking the app.

‘Authenticate with biometrics’ is for approving 3D secure and transfers.

2 Likes

Thank you. I toggled those options on, saved my fingerprint when prompted by the app, logged out, closed it down, first without force closing, then force closing. On both occasions I had to log back in using email link and the options had been toggled off. So I’m still having issues, if the developer could please reply. Thanks.

The “developer” won’t reply. This is a customer forum. But if you log out far enough to need an email link to get back in im pretty sure those settings are cleared out since the app is no longer associated with your account at that point.

3 Likes

You’re not supposed to log out.

Just close the app when you’re finished :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I see now all it does is “unlock” the app. I was confused as other banking apps allow fully logging in with fingerprint, which is why I was logging out. I take monzo doesn’t.

App will lock and that is pretty much the same thing as closing or logging out another app

I only log in when switching devices

2 Likes

This right here.

The OnePlus face unlock isn’t biometric so it’s not secure. Hence you can only have finger print for payments.

Looks like this is out of labs now :tada:

Can we close this now @Peter_G :eyes:

2 Likes

Yup, it’s gone from Labs :cry:, but now into the mainstream :smile: