Monzo IPO

Click bait or real deal?

Clickbait.

Monzo hasnā€™t announced an IPO.

1 Like

Click bait or a way of collecting loads of email addresses to spam with details of anything that could make them money?

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what the difference is?

Click bait is just getting you to click on the link, not necessarily sign up for anything

2 Likes

Meh. Still reprehensible behaviour.

Avoid.

2 Likes

Odd. We saw them running similar ads on Twitter last week and asked them to stop.

Needless to say weā€™ve got nothing to announce. And youā€™d hear from us first in any case.

27 Likes

They are doing the same with BrewDog.

1 Like

Jonas also mentions pre IPO, no timescale but it could be :soon:

Could be reading into it too much, but since thereā€™s a thread I thought Iā€™d post.

I think thatā€™s just the state of the company as itā€™s been since it was founded.

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s what Iā€™ve just been thinking, IPO has always been the endgame I believe.

But the damage has been done, some journalist is already writing a draft titled ā€˜millennial bank Monzo prepares for IPO amid FCA investigationsā€™

1 Like

I really like how that is written. Not the ā€œMust have x years teaching goldfish how to climbā€ or any other crazy requirement and then at the end, they just want you to be a decent person.

4 Likes

ā€œWeā€™re looking for a new graduate who will do the job for peanuts, must have 10 years experience.ā€

1 Like
1 Like