Monzo investor card - design concept (By Brice Corbin)

I think moving away from the current hot coral, and the recognition it is gaining, would harm, not help, publicity. A lot easier for non monzo people to only have one thing to associate with the brand than two at this point.

3 Likes

Yes , that is very true.

I think i’ll just wait until the replacement comes. I read somewhere that each replacement is approximately £3.5 to Monzo. Saves a bit cash for Monzo and save plastics for the environment!

2 Likes

Moor red and less black I like my card to stand out from the rest like my original one nice design but too much black

1 Like

Being a fan of the hot coral colour, I think the investor card is just fine as it is.

Considering the card can be obtained from buying a single share, I don’t think it should be too flashy. The small ‘investor’ tag on the current card is more than enough in my opinion :blush::ok_hand:

5 Likes

Was £2.50

1 Like

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

I don’t like this design at all.

2 Likes

I think there should be different invested cards for different stages. Or I have invested in every round. That’s just my thought anyway. Something that will stand out for the original investors

What value would you see in time and money being spent on designing, producing, and continuing to support printing and re-printing these?

3 Likes

Amazing design, love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice design still want a card for participating in the beta :stuck_out_tongue:

You didn’t keep your original beta card ?

1 Like

I did - I hope to retire on its sale some day!

2 Likes

Love the design it is sharp and modern :slight_smile:

I was thinking about this the other day when my housemate cancelled his card just to get a replacement that said Investor on it. It’s pretty shocking how wasteful bank cards really are. I’d love to see some sort of biodegradable, recyclable or paper-based alternative.

1 Like

Virtual cards and premium paid for metal cards. I’d like to see both.

1 Like

Metal cards would be cool. Especially if there was a way to change how expiry dates work.

Virtual cards is already a thing with Apple/Google pay. I just don’t have a fancy enough phone to use that yet…

1 Like

Good work, but I feel like it’s waaaaaay too corporate.

Monzo is a counterpoint to the old banks.

This kinda looks like an amex platinum or a fancy hsbc card.

I want some mental crazy stuff, cos I’m an investor.

I’m not pulling out the pink card of fun, I’m pulling out the bad-ass bank disruption card.

Yeah, that’s right, I invested in breaking central banking principles.

Monzo for life.

1 Like

Here is a design I done but only posted in the other thread redesigning the Monzo card

Here is the post again:
Whilst not a designer but a marketer I think the hot coral has to stay just like Monzo say. I love everything black and would jump at having an all black card, however this is Monzo’s brand.

The design isn’t anything ground breaking, it’s more of an update of the current version. Trying to achieve the hot coral is a guessing game as Monzo don’t have any official brand guidelines. Also as nice as a white MasterCard logo would be it’s not possible based on their guidelines.

I also stuck with the horizontal version as I don’t think the vertical version adds any value apart from looking different and more like a hotel key card. Plus I have a card holder as my wallet, so “monzo” sticks out nicely and is 1. a good conversation starter and 2. easy way for me to find which card I need.

Personally I think the Monzo :monzo: should be on the card to help enforce the brand more. And should be changed similar to the app depending on what status/account you have.

But yeah, here is the design and my thoughts.

monzo-card-design

24 Likes