Monzo Investival

You can’t be seriously saying that I should travel to the city to watch this on a TV? Also alluding to the fact that this is then fair for everyone? :laughing:

4 Likes

Tend to agree here.

It very much feels like there is a tendency to have events in London and whether there are viewing lounges or not - it appears to only be thought about in London. Yes we have had some events out in other cities, but for the majority it has been London based.

Monzo now have 2 million users, whilst they’re not all investors, plus-users etc, they aren’t all from London or live in London. It would be nice if an event was done in a few other cities, rather than just a meet up.

6 Likes

I agree. I’m not in London, but can be there in 90 minutes or so.

I’m sure they’ve looked at the metrics as to where the investors live and made a decision based on that!

They have also said you’ll be able to attend ‘viewing lounges’ in Cardiff and Manchester.

Not the same - granted - but also better than nothing.

I’m not saying anything. I’m quoting from an email.

Personally, I’m happy that Monzo are doing an event at all, particularly as they aren’t obliged to. I do find the constant find the negative in everything exhausting, though.

12 Likes

Welcome to the internet!

I also assume that wasn’t directed at me but just in general.

I concur. First bank I’ve seen that’s done this.

Let 's all be positive, eh?

2 Likes

I agree, it is something, but then what about the Scottish Monzo investors or those in the north or England.

If they have the ability to stream to two viewing lounges, it makes sense that they should have the ability to stream the whole thing via an email link or something similar.

6 Likes

A great shout. @cookywook maybe this is something that can be looked into? A private stream for Investors?

3 Likes

I agree, but I think it is a fair point to be made. Those who invested aren’t necessarily from London or near London or the viewing lounges.

The investment pack mentioned “investor-only” events - so I think we can expect these sort of events from Monzo. It would just be nice for every investor to have the ability to attend/ watch rather than it depend on disposable income or location.

But it is great that Monzo are doing it and it looks to be a truly interesting event.

Was just about to say the same thing and even more so now they are charging me for “exclusive events” as part of my Plus subscription too.

Perhaps they shouldn’t promote these events so heavily since they’re not available for a lot of people. It’s just kind of rubbing your face in it.

Hmmm. How do I get an invite I wonder? It’s not something for the in-app chat really.

This one has only been promoted to applicable people though? I also wouldn’t say they promote them that heavily.

Anyway - let’s keep this on track.

I’d just wait! If you haven’t got the email by 4, maybe contact Co-ops or a Coral Crew member?

Same time as Glastonbury. That’ll prevent it from being too overcrowded…

I’ll hold out, but conscious that it’s booking from 6:00pm, which isn’t leaving much room…

Also I really wouldn’t want to take up time from the already busy staff on the in-app chat for a trivial issue like this!

Then why have I received it :thinking: its not applicable for me to travel 100s of miles. Surely they have my demographics to know this?

1 Like

Might be a silly question, but are you checking the email you used to invest with? If you are - hopefully it won’t be too much longer and you’ll see it - although I think the link will work as long as you use the correct investor email address on the booking page.

Are you not an investor then? That’ll be the criteria.

If they didn’t include you, it’d be unfair as you invested. If they do include you, you don’t like it as it’s too far away. They can’t win?!

3 Likes

You got the email because you’re an investor. Some people may still travel for it, so it’s worth sending it out to everyone! It’s unfortunate you can’t make it, hopefully Monzo will hold them in various locations in the future.

2 Likes