Monzo in the media

Nope, that’s BBC bias :wink:

1 Like

Nice gesture from this guy and Monzo card being used towards the end of the video :joy:

3 Likes

Excellent :slight_smile:

Totally wishful thinking but Monzo could refund the chap.

awaits wrath

8 Likes

“We saw your good will gesture and would like to extend one to you as well!”

Could be good PR as well as just a nice thing to do lol

5 Likes

Perhaps even doing something like giving him premium/plus for the first 3/6 month term or something… you know to keep it relevant and also push some pr about the new accounts.

Someone much smarter than me could think of a better way of linking the two with a catchy tagline :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Kinda answers the question - all airlines are bleeding cash.

1 Like

I got the impression she wanted to use off-the-shelf everything, rather than genuinely re-implement banking software from the ground up. Tbh it’s surprising Starling did as well as it did, given that approach.

Of the four new digital banks gaining traction in 2016 before they launched, Starling and Monzo were built from scratch, and Atom and Tandem were ‘off the shelf’.

1 Like

Atom claimed to build their own gaming-engine powered app though.

At the time it sounded great but then the reality of it isn’t so much that.

:eyes:

1 Like

Jessie needs new things to get annoyed at.

This kind of attack on Monzo is frankly pathetic.

5 Likes

I can’t read it :man_shrugging: The paywall starts just after a typo.

5 Likes

Who pissed in her cornflakes?

5 Likes

Indeed. Who knit her face and dropped a stitch?

I can’t read beyond the free paragraph:

As someone who has been trapped in a dysfunctional relationship with Barclays for decades — it’s clearly time to divorce, but carrying on as we are just feels like less hassle — the desire to be friends with a financial institution blows my mind.

Perhaps, and this is just my hot take, she could just sort her dysfunctional banking out? I mean, it’s not exactly difficult, is it?

She could even have an affair with Monzo on the side if she wants to stay grimly committed to Barclays. It is allowed, and it took her longer to write this rant than it would for her to actually open an account with Monzo or Starling.

Tedious opinion pieces in tawdry newspapers are just the Baby Boomers’ equivalent of tedious social media by Millennials.

6 Likes

On desktop with the Times, it shows the whole article for a second before the paywall thing comes up. If you are quick with the keyboard shortcuts you can copy the text before it comes and then just paste into a word doc.

That’s only for articles worth the effort though. This one isn’t :yum:

1 Like

I knew there had to be a reason I shouldn’t have thrown out my 14.4k modem.

7 Likes

Maybe Monzo just works for me? For a publication that bangs on about freedom and the like it’s all very curtain twitchy

Maybe she bounced a payment because Barclays didn’t show a pending direct debit? :thinking:

3 Likes

Her argument seems to be:

• Monzo is friendly on Twitter with its customers
  • Monzo needs to make money
  • Ergo Monzo is tapping up its mates for a quick dollar

Plus:

• A packaged account? How very dare them!
  • Travel features? In a pandemic? How very very dare them!

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Monzo can’t win.

Before: “We want a Premium account! Who cares about travel insurance, release it anyway!”

After: “Releasing a Premiun account with travel insurance during a pandemic is silly, why on earth have you done that?”

:man_shrugging:

12 Likes