Monzo in the media

What I didn’t make a typo :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

wow it just keeps happening huh?

2 Likes

See now that one is 100% fake :joy::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They literally employ writers too. Maybe the budget does not stretch to a proof-reader!

(I knew, it was a joke)

At least the writers know when, and when not, to use ‘literally’ :rofl:

2 Likes

Depends which writers:

Bronte: “She took me to herself, and proceeded literally to suffocate me with her unrestrained spirits.”

Dickens: “Perhaps you know, Miss Trotwood, that there is never a candle lighted in this house, until one’s eyes are literally falling out of one’s head with being stretched to read the paper.”

I still dislike it being used figuratively nowadays, though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Doesn’t is spelt correctly

1 Like

Well, it is now.

3 Likes

Monzo has recovered spectacularly

Not mincing their words there.

1 Like

Because most had written the obituary for the business in early 2020

I say nay to those nay-sayers!

Existing Monzo investors include the Chinese group Tencent, Passion Capital, Accel and General Catalyst.

… and Stephen James! Come on Sky News get the details right :blush:

5 Likes

The mafia

2 Likes

This article reminds me of a book I’ve been reading

The Coming Wave: Technology, Power, and the Twenty-First Century’s Greatest Dilemma: Amazon.co.uk: Suleyman, Mustafa, Bhaskar, Michael: 9780593593950: Books

But, lol at the idea. “Making software engineers extinct” - Yeah ok.

Two problems here:

• With any of these LLMs you’re putting code into a database. Which can then be used by other parties to engineer your code. A little tin-hat, a little probable.
  • How is this going to be a money-earner without it being ‘selling the data we get put in here’ even if it is to a level anonymised.

Good luck but a hard pass from me!

What happened to that calendar app? Did it ever even ship? And now they’re making something else?

This is why I’m sceptical of serial entrepreneurs. And why in the very early U.K. fintech landscape, Atom was the horse I rooted for, not Monzo. They build off of claims of making the world/lives better but are quick to flee for the next big money making opportunity when it arises.

5 Likes

And what about that plan to deliver parcels to your house and they’ll wait because you’re on the way back from the shop?

As I just said in Simon’s thread and it applies here too…

People with charisma and brains, charming money out of investors for them to waste and then “pivot” to do something else/go bust/“exit”. Then the cycle repeats.

3 Likes

https://www.daybridge.com/

2 Likes

Daybridge - pretty sure it has shipped yea.