Monzo in the media

I think it would be a valid regulatory proposal to, say, insist that banks offer a 24hr cooling off period between applying for a loan and getting the money. But that really needs to be evidenced by the harm that that would prevent. And would need to apply to all lenders.

I kinda get the point, but at the same time it does read a bit like Monzo has too good a user interface, which is strange…

6 Likes

From Monzos Facebook… new TV campaign? :tv:

5 Likes

Gotta give Chase some inspiration, right?

12 Likes

They filmed the previous one in Kyiv/Kiev, which seemed gloriously curious at the time and now just makes it seem like it was from a totally different time

Represent the hot coral luggage and jumper. Hope they do me proud and start advertising our amazingly fast continuous integration pipelines, the real product at Monzo :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

That should have its own dedicated section on the home page

You need to speak to people and get this shocking oversight sorted today

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll pass, I like my banks… To be at least a bank with an actual license.

1 Like

I find it really sad when new tech startups play the whole ‘we are like Monzo’ card.

Also I think we’ve been through this before on another thread but it’s really impossible to calculate your carbon footprint from the information you get on card transactions. You spent £1500 at curry’s - that could be for a new energy efficient washer that reduces your energy consumption, or a new 70 inch TV that hugely increases it.

6 Likes

I have not experienced any issues today with Monzo, despite the Mirror’s claim.

All my transactions executed before 09:00 this morning, as they do the first of every month.

Have I been lucky? Anyone experienced a Monzo transfer issue today??

2 Likes

“Some households have been unable to buy food or pay bills as a result of the issue.”

how are people buying food with faster payments :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

I always find those phrases so dramatic :person_shrugging:

How do some people survive? :thinking:

4 Likes

Could be transferring from one account to another ie savings to debit card.

The papers love to blow out those proportions though.

5 Likes

It’s all for the clicks!

4 Likes

Yeah, there was one woman claiming that she was stuck at a petrol station with her two kids as she had transferred money from Santander to account B (debit card) and it had not arrived.

Is this not where credit cards come in?

I just find it a strange way to survive tbh.

Agree. There was not a lot of substance in that article imo.

1 Like

Deja vu!

Pretty sure this exact advert has been posted before, and this exact same opinion and discussion followed!

In other news, I found the Monzo suitcase:

https://www.rockluggage.com/products/sunwave-small-cabin-suitcase-5

They lied to us though. It’s not coral.

3 Likes

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 15.51.56

Where was the lie? :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s an edited shot of the pink one to make it look coral.

I was a little disappointed. It’s a bit weird too, because coral suitcases do exist!

2 Likes

Yeah, I see now. That colour is not even an option.

Scam!!!

2 Likes

Dunelm’s is closer.