Monzo in the media

After IPO, sign up for rumours of takeover. Or rumours of acquisition. Or rumours of a buyout by private equity group. Or management buyout. Etc.

It’s a never ending cycle.

2 Likes

Not really anything new here to be honest.

1 Like

New phishing campaign, same as the old phishing campaign.

(Only difference is this time someone can write an article about Monzo, for the clicks.)

4 Likes

On the plus side, more new customers :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

It’s quite new. The particular campaign being investigated by security researches here has an origin of November 2021. It’s also quite a bit more sophisticated than attacks that have come before and targets just Monzo and Revolut. So it’s worth reporting for a variety of reasons.

3 Likes

Why have #1 if they can’t say more about it?

1 Like

1 Like

One to remember

7 Likes

nice one monzo no place for facists

5 Likes

Brings to mind this classic Yorkshire Tea tweet

8 Likes

It was voted for by staff :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Haha, sorry, I don’t usually use the forum but someone just linked me to this. That was my cat, Tig, and I think they just wanted to make the “cat out of the bag” joke, because there’s not really anything more to the story as far as I remember! (Basically: I and my ex Kieran [who also worked there] brought our cat Tig to the office, it turned out our commercial landlords were visiting that day, and so we had to hide Tig in the toilets. Photos here :slightly_smiling_face:)

7 Likes

The latest iteration of “the next Monzo” or “the Monzo of X” or “Move over Monzo” et al

Gets a bit boring all these… The next monzo… Like monzo … :zzz::zzz::zzz:

Almost like they can’t have an original thought about what the company should actually be

Monzo: The Rolls-Royce of banks

2 Likes

One could have said exactly the same thing about Monzo back in the day. Exactly the same buzzwords and comparisons were thrown around by Monzo’s executives and the press. Monzo was hardly an original idea in and of itself.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: far from it

1 Like

Really? I don’t have any memory of that but I’m trying to imagine what they’d have compared Monzo to :joy:

3 Likes

Pretty sure Monzo was a carbon copy of Simple Bank (that now failed) and was always compared to that in the beginning.

1 Like