Monzo in the media

Jonas was a guest on the 11:FS podcast which can be found here :point_down:

5 Likes

Cheeky :joy:

(I can confirm I am not)

All those What’s are annoying me. The game is called Would You rather, not What would you rather!

Did they put someone new in charge of social media this year? Scrolling through a whole lot of cringe there. Reeks of millennial trying too hard to fit in with the gen z crowd. A bit like me when I trash talk my friends for being bad at Wordle. I only embarrass myself.

5 Likes

“throughout 2020 we doubled our annual revenue run rate and then doubled it again in 2021”

Given that by the end of 2019, Tom in the 2020 annual report said they’d got to £90m annual run-rate, that potentially puts Monzo at £360m run rate currently.

Profitability within reach by the sounds of it…

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - February 2022

If we can work out the monzo.me for the new chief exec, perhaps we could have a whip round for a quid for him to pop by and say hello?

1 Like

Don’t think we’ll need to do a whip around for hello :thinking:

I’ll ask that we keep things on topic here as well everyone. Tidying up for now.

1 Like

Noticed an ad today

Leading to

Clickbait advert harvesting email addresses. Avoid!

10 Likes

Not to mention it’s ancient news, the same thing has been raised months ago

3 Likes

It is genuinely Hargreaves Lansdown, though. I have the majority of my investments with them.

I just use my Halifax app to image it, and whack the money over to Monzo. But I can count the number of cheques I’ve received in the past three years on my thumbs, so …

I don’t doubt who they are/what they do.

But having email addresses of people who are interested in investing is a very good marketing tool. That’s all this is for.

3 Likes

No doubt it is but it’s just one of those marketing exercises based on a trend to gather emails to “market” to people.

You see all sorts of variants like. “Download our free essentials guide on home improvements” just give us your email.

Next minute you’re getting all sorts of spam emails about buying home insurance, want a new sofa?, get finance on X appliance, have you considered setting out a will etc etc.

5 Likes

And pretty pointless to sign up because I’m pretty sure we’d notice if Monzo IPOd :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A Monzo iPod. How very noughties.

3 Likes

You and I might but Gladys next door won’t!

As much as I’d love to buy monzo, I’ve learned my lesson with IPOs. Wait a few years. Every single day 1 IPO I’ve bought in companies that I like has tanked and I’ve lost quite a bit of money doing it. I have a particularly bad case of escalation of commitment with Oatly :grimacing::grimacing:

Can’t risk repeating that with Monzo.

2 Likes

None of my startup shares have sold or IPO’d yet apart from one which was bought out at four times value.

About 60% of them look like they are going well, the other 40% hard to tell or probably not going anywhere. I never re-invest though, they are normally well overpriced in round one, subsequent rounds I’ve seen are often a joke.

I love oatly milk though!

1 Like

Are we doomed to Hargreaves just doing this clickbait story over and over and it being mentioned here each time for the rest of pre-IPO eternity?

4 Likes

No! One day Monzo will IPO and we’ll be free from this loop :wink:

3 Likes