Monzo in the media

I think the truth there is that you’d simply court different investors with different risk appetites. If the current state of the market is anything to go by, nobody seems to have a problem raising money for most crypto efforts.

Perhaps the ideal strategy would have been to position a product as a processor gateway a la MoonPay rather than a customer facing investment portal. Since Monzo already had a processor built from the ground up, there was potentially opportunity there.

Send 10 ETH to my wallet and we’ll figure something out. You’ll get 100 billion coins. Bargain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

i photoshopped this but the image is too large for me too put on the forum >:(

1 Like

Photoshop → ‘Image’ → ‘Image Size’ → reduce image width to reduce overall size → save. Upload.
Like this one:

ps_for_dummies

2 Likes
2 Likes

Great welfare move for staff, however, explains why CS is not so great. They’re all on leave :smile:

4 Likes

I seen this other week in their jobs pages. Such a good move, just need a 4 day working week now and it’ll be best place on the planet. (Or in space, being a Monzonaut)

1 Like

If I had 3 months off and they coped without me, I’d worry about the security of my role!

12 Likes

Our department recently hired a bunch of new people, it would be hell if in a few years time it was suddenly chopped in half again.

The article is paywalled. Does it go into any detail about them hiring temps or anything to cover when people take all that time off?

We don’t get the 30 days unpaid leave in COps. It’s only available in a very limited set of circumstances and certainly not for 30 days :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

So it’s a privilege for the bosses and not the workers, then?

1 Like

My strong advice on travelling would be not to attempt the whole world in 90 days :sweat_smile: unless you just love flights I guess

1 Like

I swear some bloke did it in 80 days once upon a time :laughing:

4 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

Not sure if this would come to down to COps level though :sweat_smile: but would be the dream.

He did although he had the slight advantage of being fictional :smile: Which I imagine makes a lot of things a lot easier to accomplish.

1 Like

Lonely Planet seem to think it is possible

2 Likes

Oh yes it’s certainly possible, I mean you can do it in about 2-3 days if you really want. It just isn’t a very good idea

1 Like

Don’t see why not. Atom did, without sacrificing support hours or quality.

6 Likes

I’m all for employee benefits and holiday, but this is a pretty bold move considering the company has yet to make a single pound of profit…

4 Likes

They could be in profit and could have been for months as far as we know. We only hear of it annually.

The staff holding the fort should be considered whilst growth is the intent. Business can’t grow without staff, treat them well they will stay.

3 Likes