Monzo in the media

No idea who Saga is either, but I (probably) agree

“Saga offers a range of products and services exclusively for the over 50s, including insurance, holidays, money and the UK’s best selling monthly magazine”

1 Like

Now I do know who they are but, despite being in their demographic, their stuff just seems to old for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i looked at saga car insurance as i now just meet their criteria , it was a rip off , and whilst im in the just over 50 age range that fits me into the saga bracket i dont see me any time soon playing suffle board on a cruise :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Thought I’d post here before others do! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

“‘Criminals stole my Sim card and emptied my Monzo bank account, and it won’t refund me’ – Which? News” ‘Criminals stole my Sim card and emptied my Monzo bank account, and it won’t refund me’ – Which? News

1 Like

Which at it’s usual levels of accuracy and completeness.

“‘If criminals get access your online banking via your Sim card, they can charge your details, set up new payments and even open up another account or take out a loan,’ Steve told us”

Not true for Monzo, you need the pin or to reset the pin. How did they get past this? Without knowing it’s impossible to know what really happened here and whether a refund was due or whether it was issued because of press pressure.

3 Likes

?!

The ‘expert’ that Which? spoke to appears to be talking out of his bottom. Almost nothing he says about the SIM card makes sense.

Without knowing the full story (because Monzo legally cannot say what the issues with the details were), it’s hard to side for or against the customer. What I would say is, if they were telling the truth and had gone to the ombudsman then they may have won against Monzo, as the ombudsman has ruled against Monzo in some situations before.

Granted, getting a letter in Which? has short-cut the solution for the customer.

2 Likes

Not sure this is newsworthy, but hey ho - not much else going on…

3 Likes

It’s been covered and being discussed here:

2 Likes
3 Likes

He comes across as a really genuine bloke whenever you see interviews with him. There will of course be a certain amount of smarts in that, he knows what to say and what not to say, but many in his position don’t come across half as well.

8 Likes

“Customers of about 30 UK banks and building societies can continue to use post office counters for basic banking until at least 2026.”

" But one leading bank - Monzo - is not part of the deal. Monzo has not signed up to the current agreement, having argued that its customers prefer to use its app rather than a post office."

Customers prefer to pay cash in via the app :face_with_monocle:

16 Likes

Which might be true if we could do cheque imaging…

10 Likes

One day I’ll understand the obsession with a dying payment type like cheque

2 Likes

Dying or not, people still send them sometimes. And if you get one, not having cheque imaging in Monzo is a pain.

10 Likes

I talk to services everyday about payments, and all don’t want cheque, or are actively finding ways of not accepting or sending them. Yes its annoying for some, but its also its edge case stuff now, and if I was a PM at Monzo, it wouldn’t be something that I would prioritise in a rush either.

1 Like

I still get cheques sometimes though. I got one recently as a rebate from a solicitor.

I disagree it shouldn’t be a priority. It might be occasional, but it’s a reason I and many others still keep a ‘real’ bank account, just so that we can cash cheques in (I tried posting it to Monzo once but it got ‘lost in the post’ and caused even more of a headache).

7 Likes

Here we go again…

Let’s just ‘@’ the same handful of people on here who argue for and against whenever cheques are brought up (myself included) :wink: and we can quickly get the same arguments out of the way to avoid looping back through everything again :laughing:

7 Likes