Monzo in the media

I still miss the “proper” hot coral I had on my first ever card that really popped. Not this weird salmon variant we have now :pensive:

3 Likes

Monzo said that it was an issue with one of the card manufacturers who couldn’t get the colour right. It’s meant to have been sorted like 2 years ago now and the dull salmon cards should’ve ended when the stocks ran out

1 Like

Yeah I remember the discussion and it makes me wonder why they decided to just go with it regardless. I would have rejected/returned them asking for a batch that were the colour I wanted :man_shrugging:

I still hold hope that maybe one day I’ll get a nice hot coral one for either of my accounts when it comes for renewal.

Money, of course. I suspect it was deemed “good enough”

And I think you will. My partner got a hot coral a few months ago when the previous one was dull salmon

1 Like

My replacement card that I received yesterday is genuine hot coral.

3 Likes

My current card is some hellish luminous orange variant.

1 Like

I think we all need to see it

1 Like

My pen and pocket decided hot coral isn’t cool, the one time I carried my card as a backup for a just in case, and this happens.

Ink splodges everywhere :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

Should have kept it in your shoe!

(@N26throwaway)

3 Likes

This is why I don’t carry pens in my pocket

This is why I don’t have pockets

1 Like

Careful rubbing with (a) rubbing alcohol or (b) an anti-bac wipe.
Or sandpaper.

Your pocket - shirt/jacket/pants must be in a right state :disappointed:

1 Like

Black jeans fortunately :joy: so can’t tell. I don’t carry pens on me, however was a training event and I must have put it in my pocket as we were collapsing tables to make more space.

1 Like

It looks cool.

I like the way it’s leaked so you can’t read the card number.

5 Likes
1 Like

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/digital-banks-eat-into-the-big-fours-market-share-t6nt6mdkq

Not specifically about Monzo but probably of interest.

An excerpt:

Digital challengers including Starling Bank and Monzo have increaased their share of the personal current account market from 1 per cent in 2018 to 8 per cent in 2021. The rise was even more pronounced in accounts for small businesses, where digital challengers expanded their market share from 1 per cent to 10 per cent in the same period.

The share of personal accounts run by the big 4 (Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds, Natwest) fell from 68 to 64 percent and those run buy so-called scale challengers (Nationwide, Santander etc) fell from 26 to 24 percent.

1 Like

Interesting. Bank execs at the big four will be extremely worried about those stats.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s quite a bit of market share eaten there. I wonder which way they will jump…

1 Like

They’ll be putting the slide rule over some of the digital challengers, no doubt… (again)

If anyone’s interested, here are the originals from the FCA:

Press release:

Full report

2 Likes