Monzo in the media

In the running for “why is this even an article” award:

http://www.globallegalchronicle.com/monzos-20-million-crowdfunding-round/

(I suppose legal folk might be interested?)

3 Likes

Gawd, Tom seems to have aged a bit in that sketch :wink:

4 Likes

I am a “legal folk” and still think that this is one of the most pointless articles ever created :joy::joy:

“This Team did this with this Company” - A Journalist Tour de force like I have never seen

6 Likes

AWS ads on Facebook…

Screenshot_20190130-062028__01

7 Likes
3 Likes

:champagne:

12 Likes

Not even a mention of being a millennial :slight_smile:
On a more serious note a good article showing Monzo in a very positive light

3 Likes
1 Like

Hmm while good advertising, I don’t think it was Monzo’s algorhythms that prevented this - just not having enough money in the account/it being frozen/them not having a PIN would be the answer.

Monzo’s algorithm froze their card for them after the attempted transaction at Cafe Verona.

Automatically? That’s pretty awesome if so.

But they didn’t have enough funds anyway so it couldn’t have gone through.

Is there a number of unsuccessful entry of PIN’s required to automatically freeze?

If you look at the screenshot the app asked it to verify he had tried to make the transaction. The transaction that triggered that was £150 so had funds to cover it

3 Likes

I’ve had Monzo freeze my card automatically when the free trial from a subscription I forgot to cancel ended and the company in question tried to charge my card using a CPA.

I think the algorithm froze my card because the company was American and tried to take a CPA in dollars. Luckily, it gave me time to call the company and cancel my subscription.

2 Likes

From memory, after a certain number of incorrect PIN entries, your card gets automatically blocked (instead of frozen) just like a card from any other bank. You then need to talk to customer support to get a new card or change your PIN and unblock your old card.

Yeah I didn’t read that carefully. I did now and it’s even better than I thought :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Disappointing, eh?

As a 60-year-old who voted remain, went on a march, and has a Monzo account, I guess I’m a millennial member of the metropolitan liberal elite! Lucky me. :joy:

5 Likes

On LBC today they referred to this subset of the populace as having Millennial liberal mindsets and sympathies.

I hate that everyone has to fit into a box.

1 Like

The issue with modern day, I can’t even have a derogatory title to myself :joy::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Business accounts launching soon…

7 Likes

Keep an eye out for more info on this tomorrow! :slight_smile:

18 Likes