Monzo in the media

(#savetheseabass) #248

In the running for “why is this even an article” award:

http://www.globallegalchronicle.com/monzos-20-million-crowdfunding-round/

(I suppose legal folk might be interested?)

(Colin Robinson) #251

Gawd, Tom seems to have aged a bit in that sketch :wink:

(Jordan) #252

I am a “legal folk” and still think that this is one of the most pointless articles ever created :joy::joy:

“This Team did this with this Company” - A Journalist Tour de force like I have never seen

AWS ads on Facebook…

(Kieran) #255

:champagne:

(NM) #256

Not even a mention of being a millennial :slight_smile:
On a more serious note a good article showing Monzo in a very positive light

(Jonathon) #259

Hmm while good advertising, I don’t think it was Monzo’s algorhythms that prevented this - just not having enough money in the account/it being frozen/them not having a PIN would be the answer.

Monzo’s algorithm froze their card for them after the attempted transaction at Cafe Verona.

(Jonathon) #261

Automatically? That’s pretty awesome if so.

But they didn’t have enough funds anyway so it couldn’t have gone through.

Is there a number of unsuccessful entry of PIN’s required to automatically freeze?

(#savetheseabass) #262

If you look at the screenshot the app asked it to verify he had tried to make the transaction. The transaction that triggered that was £150 so had funds to cover it

I’ve had Monzo freeze my card automatically when the free trial from a subscription I forgot to cancel ended and the company in question tried to charge my card using a CPA.

I think the algorithm froze my card because the company was American and tried to take a CPA in dollars. Luckily, it gave me time to call the company and cancel my subscription.

From memory, after a certain number of incorrect PIN entries, your card gets automatically blocked (instead of frozen) just like a card from any other bank. You then need to talk to customer support to get a new card or change your PIN and unblock your old card.

(Jonathon) #265

Yeah I didn’t read that carefully. I did now and it’s even better than I thought :slight_smile:

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #266

Disappointing, eh?

As a 60-year-old who voted remain, went on a march, and has a Monzo account, I guess I’m a millennial member of the metropolitan liberal elite! Lucky me. :joy:

(Splodf) #267

On LBC today they referred to this subset of the populace as having Millennial liberal mindsets and sympathies.

I hate that everyone has to fit into a box.

(NM) #268

The issue with modern day, I can’t even have a derogatory title to myself :joy::joy::rofl: