Monzo in talks to raise 300M at a £3 Billion Valuation

They did file an allotment of shares with companies house last week from September, but it didn’t look like enough shares to be a raise and most were at nominal value (and 10,000 or so at the old share price). Still, it’s the kind of admin share issuing think companies do often do before finalising a big raise.

2 Likes

FWIW - this was Monzo staff exercising their share options (if they wanted to) :slight_smile: this happens twice a year.

4 Likes

Ah fair enough. Who was lucky enough to have share options at 0.00001p I wonder :smile: Early joiners I guess.

Hope someone got good avice before actioning options at £7.70 though :grimacing:

I’ll be honest: in spite of being an investor in CrowdCube, I lost a lot of the confidence I had in them when they encouraged their community to invest in CityMapper - one of my favourite apps, but which provided very little tangible information ahead of the investment round.

Instead, CityMapper sent repeated urgent emails, which, combined with the paucity of information made this feel like one of those scams in which the target is being urged to part with their money quickly before time runs out.

I felt the way they went about it about this was unethical, and that CrowdCube had a duty of care towards its investor community, but instead seemed to be prioritising their own short-term profits. Unseasoned and enthusiastic investors may have ended up investing without a full understanding of what they were paying for, and may still end up getting burned or losing money as a result.

This reflected badly on CityMapper. As the company supporting their crowdfunding round, this reflected even more poorly on CrowdCube which, with all its experience, should know better than to put its community at risk in this way.

Therefore, I’m sure they’ll abide by their legal obligations here, but feel they’re unlikely to go any further.

5 Likes

I think their duty of care is really just to make sure the information isn’t falsified. Other than that it’s investors own decisions and risks. Anyone expecting Crowdcube to shield them from bad pitches or poor investment opportunities is expecting way too much.

2 Likes

No, sadly not! We took that website down as it’s very out-dated and we have a newer internal tool for this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

:slightly_frowning_face:

I was hoping for a sneaky view of share price - are we due an update?

On the share price? You will see it when the valuation is complete I guess? To be honest, it’s still in the works and not even Monzonauts know what it’ll be :slight_smile:

6 Likes

But you’ll drop it here when you do find out? :wink::wink:

2 Likes

I tried to ask politely to get clarification and got a steaming hot pile of nothing but obfuscation.

2 Likes

You heard it here… First? (Again)

7 Likes

yo good news i am trying to open source the options app so y’all can use it if u wish :))))))

12 Likes

You were emailed by the same person who was replying on the thread about the change of terms. Customer support.

Crowdcube have just levied a 3.99% fee on sale proceeds of 2017 Grind & Co investors who are selling a portion of their shares to a large investor.

Hannah’s reply feels disingenuous in light of this. There could be no “success fee” but it could be a fee in any other name if they are brokering the deal and decide to dip their hands in the till, which let’s face it, they are going to try to do on any multi bagger, let alone 100 bagger share.

5 Likes

What the ****?!

Surely someone an Monzo should know about this if that’s what they’re doing and clearly intend to do to Monzo crowdfunders?

It looks like CrowdCube are planning another crowdfunding round. Apparently, their share price has rise. By 57% since their last crowdfunding round in 2018.

Looks like the “official” news is out.

$500m at a $4.5bn valuation

1 Like

https://www.ft.com/content/9e9bbe27-2dac-447b-a015-b2cd3bc9c868

2 Likes

We’ve posted some info over here.

3 Likes