Well, the trip to Norway was pretty uneventful, in terms of any issues or challenges for Monzo… I used Monzo exclusively and it worked in:
- Flytoget airport train both directions - including adding as a card on the website for e-Receipt.
- Taxis in Bergen and Fornebu, Oslo
- Topping up internal Canteen paycard
- Bars, restaurants & hotels.
- Included was an initial top-up before I left UK, and an ~“in-situ” emergency top-up prior to paying for a colleague’s meal, who’s own CC had ironically been declined.
Alll my flights and hotels were pre-paid on other cards before leaving, so not chance for a really high value transaction - largest was about 550 NOK (£55ish).
Unfortunately Norway is not yet fully established with Contactless terminals, so very few, if any, contactless were performed.
What I forgot to do was try the contactless chocolate machine in the offices, and also try a purchase on any flights (meals & coffees were complimentary which is unusual in this day & age, even for budget flights!),
It was nice to see the authorisations appearing instantaneously and being marked as “to be cleared later” etc.
I think showing the PEM (contact, contactless) symbol on purchases would be nice.
As these are all work expenses - I still want to “Flag” them as an Expense, but keep the original category (food, transport etc.) for ease of reporting.
I tagged each with the receipts… Would be ideal to interface to the likes of Expesify and upload them straight off.