Monzo & IFTTT - Support Thread

(Splodf) #308

Did this ever get fixed

(Adam) #309

Hi, I’ve done a bit of playing with IFTTT, but can’t see if there’s a way to do the following:

When I receive my salary (or on the last day of the month if I can’t trigger on salary) I’d like to move any funds over £2000 into my savings pot.

For example… I have £100 in my account before I get paid, £2100 salary comes in, £200 automatically moves into a pot leaving me with £2000 in my account for budgeting.

Is this possible?

(https://youtu.be/5DmYLrxR0Y8) #310

I wish.

(Jack) #311

Not yet I’m afraid,

Hopefully the functionality will be added in the future!

(Adam) #312

Thanks for the quick reply!

I’ll keep an eye out for extra triggers etc

(John Quirke) #313

Hi theshillito, did you ever get this problem sorted? I have quite a bit of experience with ifttt having set it up for gsheets, and dropbox, but I just cannot monzo linked into ifttt - how did you solve the problem?

John

(Peter Shillito) #314

Oh I did. Erm…I can’t remember how I did it. i have a vague recollection that it’s something to do with two factor authentication…

(John Quirke) #315

Dear Peter, thank you for taking the time to post. That does narrow down a massive field of causes quite a lot. Probably just one more question then. Do you use 2FA with either IFTTT or Monzo?

(Peter Shillito) #316

Sorry, I meant ifftt.

(John Quirke) #317

Thanks Peter. I don’t use 2FA on ifttt at the moment but I will turn it on and see if it helps.

John

(Peter Shillito) #318

I dug around and found a support thread I had with IFTTT support. They said it was a backend issue and they fixed it on their end. Drop a line to support@ifttt.com and they might be able to sort it out.

(John Quirke) #319

Thanks Peter. Just so that I don’t get the runaround :pray: would you be able to email that support call or a reference number?

(Peter Shillito) #320

DM’d you

(Lewis Wild) #321

I’m looking for some help using the “Log my card purchases to a spreadsheet” but I’m not seeing it ever “running” or creating any data. I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting my google drive account and my Monzo Account

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #322

What does the error log say?

(Lewis Wild) #323

Where would I find that?

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #324

If you’re on the website it is under ‘Activity’ :slight_smile:

(Lewis Wild) #325

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #326

So that states there is a problem with the action. So I would double check that you’ve entered the correct spreadsheet name and drive folder path. Perhaps it is case sensitive too?

(Neil M) #327

I remember ITFFF doing this to me as well but I can’t remember how I fixed it I think used Gdrive, can always double check