Monzo & IFTTT - Support Thread

(Peter Roberts) #228

Thanks, I missed the applets tab. I’ve moved the filtering logic out of my spreadsheet and into IFTTT now :+1:

(Stephen) #229

There hasn’t been any activity on the ‘Get an email when Monzo publishes a new Applet’, so I’m not holding out much hope that the services will be updated anytime soon to do the sort of thing I’m after.

Basically I’m trying to transfer all of the money in my main account over to a pot at the end of the month. Is this at all possible using other methods e.g. mapping every transaction to a spreadsheet and then working things out from there? Obviously this is very convoluted but I’m happy to give it a go if possible.

Any help would be great!

(Chris Rimell) #230

We know from blog posts that other projects have taken priority. So I think we will probably see something more soon enough, but not in the next weeks anyway. I’m forever hopeful! :wink:

(Peter Roberts) #231

You can only trigger on card payments, not other things unfortunately. There’s no way with IFTTT to fire a trigger with your current balance at a given time (which is what you’d need to do this)

You could implement your own IFTTT platform service that uses the Monzo API directly to do this but at that point there’s little reason to integrate it with IFTTT at all

(Stephen) #232

Thought as much!

Nevermind - will just have to do it manually before each pay day for the time being!

Having general problems with the app… havent even tried the Monzo intergration yet. Downloaded it this morning gave it full permissions, tried the NASA daily picture as screensaver and turning on and off wifi when leaving the house and nothing has happened yet. Help!

(Only available in amateur ) #234

I get the NASA daily picture in the evening

Hmmm still nothing. Ive tried unonstalling mcafee on my phone in case its blocking IFTTT somehow…

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #236

Have you gone through these common issues?

Sadly so. Although I am running this on a Samsung S6 with Android 7.0. Apparently the S6 isnt supported for more recent versions of Android and IFTTT seems to mentioned Android 8 a lot so maybe its just not really compatible?

(Chris Rimell) #238

IFTTT definitely works with Android 7… don’t know about the S6 but I can’t see any specific reason why it wouldn’t be working.

Have you tried other appletts? Is it just location based things that aren’t working correctly? Have you checked your location settings?

(Gareth) #239

Do you have battery optimization turned on for IFTTT? It could be that the app’s services are being killed by your phone trying to save battery. :slightly_smiling_face:

So battery optimisation is off and its location based and the NASA background of the day. Ive tried about 4 different ones. No applets seem to be working.

(Chris Rimell) #241

Are all of the ones you have tried device based ones? Try something that doesn’t rely on your phone perhaps…

(Mo) #242

@cookywook I’m just a novice so please bear with me, what I’m thinking isn’t fully formed, but I’m hoping you’ll see where I’m coming from.

So, anyone logged into IFTTT can try to link to Monzo. If I type in an incorrect email address, an email is still generated and if I press the button in the email I get an error message to say ‘can’t connect to service’. This in effect confirms whether that email address is linked to a Monzo account.

I’m not sure how it would happen, but is there any potential for phishing?

(Richard Cook) #243

Hi Mo, thanks for the question.

We don’t send login emails to invalid emails, and you’d already need access to the other person’s inbox to check the link if we did.

(Mo) #244

Hi @cookywook

You do, because I did. That’s what worried me.

(Hugh Wells) #245

I’m sorry to hear that :disappointed:

Could you send me a DM with the invalid email please?

(Mo) #246

As soon as I figure out how :slightly_smiling_face:

(Colin Robinson) #247

Sent you a DM :slightly_smiling_face: