Still waiting for that all important

if paid by x then move x to pot a, move x to pot b and so on

(James Waddington) #209

and the same for direct debits/regular payments
i.e. if retailer X paid, move amount Y from Direct Debit pot

(Chris Bacon) #210

Thanks very much Kieran - loving Monzo :grinning:

(Andy) #211

Hi - I’d like to use IFTTT to keep a full running total of my card (including payments and transfers into the account) in a spreadsheet. I’ve set up the existing applet but it only logs purchases. Would it be possible for Monzo to provide a trigger that would fire on ANY new transaction on the card, rather than just purchases? Also, the existing applet logs the amount twice but with no column heading - anyone know what the difference is between those two columns?

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #212

It’s not available yet but has been requested before so hopefully it will come soon :slight_smile:

(Matthew Hornby) #213

Hi IFTTT experts. Can you advise if this applet I’ve just created might work. I want to move any unspent money from last month into a saving pot. So I did a date/time trigger, using the Monzo service into the savings pot, pretty confident that will work.

In the amount field I specified total - 900, (900 is the value I transfer in). It works mathematically, but will the service recognise the command? There were no error messages to suggest I’d asked something it can’t understand.

Ta.

If you mean will it catch all under the value 900.00, my understand it won’t!
A slight workaround would be to make a few triggers on the same date to each move a less value than the previous. e.g. 500, 250, 100, 50, 20, 10… this way it will move each amount downwards and get you as close to 0 as possible?

Not sure if that helps as a workaround for the meantime before Monzo give a bit more scope.

(Chris Rimell) #215

There is no way for the service to read what your balance is, so all it can do is move a set amount. If there aren’t enough funds available in your account it will fail.

(Matthew Hornby) #216

Not quite Dannytc. I want to move the total value down so there is 900 remaining, but thanks for the consideration. Appreciated.

(Matthew Hornby) #217

Ok, that makes sense from a security perspective. Thanks Chris_R.

Hi,

Is there any way for IFTTT to run on the last day of every month, transfering any available balance (or maybe anything above say £20) into a pot? Like an account sweep available from other banks. I’ve looked at this on IFTTT but can’t find anything.

Thanks

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #219

Don’t think so. There isn’t a trigger for ‘available balance’ unless you did something super overkill and exported all your transactions to a Google spreadsheet (for example) and worked it out from there.

@DC22 Moved your post over to the support thread for IFTTT :slight_smile:

Hi

I have setup a recipe on IFTTT to move £1 to a pot every time I spend money at a certain merchant. However I have to set a new recipe for every merchant I need to do this with.

Has anyone any ideas how I can have a single recipe and add all the merchants to this without having lots of different recipes all doing the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #222

You would do IF ‘any card transaction’ then THAT ‘Move money to pot’. :slight_smile:

(MikeF) #223

It can’t be done for a list or merchants in a single recipe (other than for every card transaction) unless you register for some form of developer account that gives you enhanced functionality. Straight IFTTT doesn’t support the complexity required.

With google sheets and two recipes you might manage something, I’d need to think about it a bit.

(Peter Roberts) #224
  1. Add everything to a sheet
  2. Add a script to the sheet that filters out transactions you don’t want. Here’s an example I use to filter out todos from a list I don’t want
function DeleteShoppingEntries() {  
  var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet();
  var sheet = ss.getSheetByName("Sheet1");

var datarange = sheet.getDataRange();
  var lastrow = datarange.getLastRow();

// iterate backwards so we can delete rows without issue
  for (i=lastrow;i>=2;i--) { 
    // change this to get the detail you want to filter on
    var list = sheet.getRange(i, 3).getValue(); // col 3

// change this to match what to keep, delete everything else
    if ( list == "Alexa Shopping List" ) { // don't want to pay for this
      sheet.deleteRow(i)
    }
  }
}
  1. Add a trigger to run this script on changes. We’ve now got a spreadsheet with just what we want in

Beyond this I’m not sure where to proceed for sure - I haven’t had to solve this problem yet and a good solution isn’t coming immediately to mind. The spreadsheet needs to do something which which will trigger IFTTT to move money into the pot exactly once for each row that we have left over after the filtering

One idea might be to have a second spreadsheet which has the rows wanted added to it by the filtering script in the first spreadsheet. This could trigger IFTTT watching this spreadsheet for new rows to move money into a pot

I’m pretty sure that would work. I’m happy to try it out, and make a full setup guide if anyone things it would be useful to them?

(Chris Rimell) #225

With a little help I did something similar. It uses the platform.ifttt.com and an array of merchants

(Peter Roberts) #226

I’ve signed up to that and took a look at the hello world that wanted me to self host a RoR app. So I find their instructions, couldn’t get it working on Windows and inside docker it doesn’t seem to be listening on 3000 like it says

Is it possible to write these applets that glue together the existing services without having to host anything yourself?

(Michael) #227

You should be able to start with the regular monzo transaction for the if, then use the filter button to add JavaScript code to define multiple merchants or rules