Monzo & IFTTT - Share your creations here!

Please add a Monzo trigger on IFTTT such as ‘Balance Change’ or ‘New Transaction’, I see this has been requested many times since this thread started, clearly its a feature in demand and one that I assume is relatively easy to add?

1 Like

My main bugbear is the fact everything is card transaction based - you are a bank now, you need transactions that are not card instigated covered in IFTTT triggers - DDs, SOs, Transfers etc!

4 Likes

Can someone make this please?

I’m looking to move money that’s deposited into my account moved to a specific pot dependant on the reference on the deposited money, IE if the money coming in has ref ‘bananas’ then it get moved straight into the pot called ‘bananas’ and if it has ref ‘tasty’ it gets moved into a pot called ‘puddings’, I hope you get the jist, is this possible?

Unfortunately not, IFTTT triggers only available for card transactions at the moment. Transactions other than card purchases at present are not available as a trigger.

Sorry if this has been answered, i am very new to Monzo… today in fact!

I’m wondering if an IFTTT is available or possible to move any remaining money from a daily budget into a pot? So if I have any money remaining in a day it zero’s me out and moves into pot X?

1 Like

No. IFTTT has no concept of balance and is generally only triggered by a card transactions giving you limited events and data to play with.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response, i will do this manually then!

Just to confirm,

IFTTT cannot be triggered via a direct debit taken from my account?

It will only work for card payments?

Thanks

That’s correct for the time being. Many people have asked for it though :slight_smile:

Hi, new to using the IFTTT app, so this thread if amazing me at what it can do!

A question, does anyone know if it’s possible to create something to move any leftover money at the end of the week into savings pot? So bringing balance down to £0 on say Sunday night at 12pm before topping up with weekly allowance on Monday 6am.

Sadly not yet in IFTTT, although it has been mentioned before as an actualy Monzo feature

1 Like

Money left at the end of the month??? What is this witchcraft??? :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Is it possible to do something based on a sertain tag or note bein put on a purchase? I would like to log certain things to a spreadsheet.

Out of the box, no.

If you have some coding experience I believe it could be done but it would depend on what you want to log in your spreadsheet?

You’d probably have to do that within the spreadsheet once you’ve got the transactions out of Monzo.

You can do a fair bit with Google Sheets including running code against them, so that might be a route?

I want to buy a new road bike, so I created an IFTTT to move £5 into my new bike fund every time I do a bike ride and load it to Strava.

The current integration Monzo built was crazy, as it was moving £50 for a 50 km ride. Which is far too much for the kms I do a week.

For those of you who use Emma, they tweeted this:

I would love to see this feature, so if you guys could like their tweet! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

How do you even get the tags out though because as far as I can tell the trigger is the purchase and the tags are added after. So I can get all the purchases out but when I add tags that doesn’t get updated in the spreadsheet. Even if it were scheduled that would be okay with me.

Wondering if it is possible via IFTTT or Siri Shortcuts, that if you put ur phone on “do not disturb” mode or connect it to car audio via Bluetooth it can auto freeze ur card?

And obviously when off those above unfreezes?

1 Like