Monzo & IFTTT - Share your creations here!

You are going to have a huge amount saved up for an end of season celebration when we win the league :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Okay - but then surely we could have an in-app option to re-categorise transactions, that gets remembered and applied to future transactions from that company?

It’s not rocket surgery - just local lookup tables…

As a Utd fan, I just want the season to end now. It’s either you lot or that blue lot that’ll win. This is not good. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

That’s how the app works currently and it’s not that simple. Supermarkets and supermarket petrol stations use the same terminal IDs which is why they are not currently split out from each other (ie they both show as Tesco for example). If you re-categorise the merchant on a transaction to transport then your groceries shop will also be categorised as transport and vice-versa.

We could work around that if we had additional IFTTT triggers, but currently it’s on card purchase, so it’s a one time only run. I’d like to see one for when you categorise a transaction among many others

If we had access to the location data on IFTTT that might help, I guess it depends if say the Tesco Petrol station has a a different location to the Tesco store.

Not in my experience, no. I also know of an ATM that shows up as a sainsburys store despite it being nowhere near it.

ATMs are a whole other ballgame by the way. TSB show them all as Henry Duncan House in Edinburgh which is interesting. From a chat with a COp previously, ATM data is not so easily fixable

1 Like

Did you get anywhere with this? I’m new to IFTTT and would love a ‘if you shop at McD’s/KFC/BK, then transfer a % of your spend to your Fatty Fatty Bum Bum pot’ applet… Am I trying to be too clever‽ :joy:

1 Like

I have one that sends me a notification saying “McDonald’s? Naughty boy” if I spend at Mcds. I’m sure what you want is possible but is a little beyond my capability

We need IFTTT balance triggers

2 Likes

Hi Greg

Did it work?

Hi @Chris_R

Sorry to trouble you. I’ve just added this applet and I’m getting the following when I attempt to load the calendar. Anything obvious I’m doing wrong please?

Do you have the Google calendar service connected to IFTTT? If you do, try refreshing the connection and/or removing and readding. You can do that from your MyServices section I think.

If you don’t have it connected, you need to connect to the Google calendar service first

See if that works and let me know

I do now…:roll_eyes:. You’re a gent, thanks, Chris.

1 Like

No worries, glad I could help :grinning:

And one more query, if I may.

I’d like to do something with all card payments made during a trip abroad. I’ll be in one country for four days. Could I, for example take sums from a specific pot and fund the trip or perhaps summarise the transactions?

Is there something about “MerchantCountryCode” which could apply?

You could use this applet, turn it on for your trip and off when you’re back. Monzo will automatically give you a travel report when you’re back and that’ll tell you how much you spent too

1 Like

I’m very impressed. Thanks again. :grinning:

1 Like

I have created something similar to this. I will see mine if it works on the 18th. Should it say on the amount “AmountInAccountCurrency” ? I acually put “=“ there. That’s why I am here trying to find the answer with what I have done :sweat::joy:

Although you PM’d me, I’m adding this here in case others need it

Beneath the amount box on the right, you should see a little option called add ingredient. Click on that, them select AmountInAccountCurrency. That then picks up the actual value of the transaction. You don’t have to put anything else in the box

3 Likes

Thanks a lot. Have amended it now. :+1:t3::blush: