Monzo & IFTTT - Feedback Megathread

Can’t you use the integration with Google docs, multiply there then use changes to the sheet to drive actions in Monzo?

(Genuine question: I’ve not hooked Monzo up to ifttt so no idea if that’d work).

(MikeF) #437

Absolutely, but that gets harder to describe, particularly if you want it fully automated with no manual intervention. I’ve done it for my fuel pot management but even that needs manually clearing out once a month.

(Paul) #438

Can anyone help? I’ve created a IFTTT whereby when I enter an area, money transfers to a pot. I’ve entered the area twice now and it hasn’t worked. Something I’m doing wrong? All location permissions on my phone are on. Thanks

(Chris Rimell) #439

Try setting it to do something else like turn wifi on or off or something else on your device (under Android Device service). That way you can see if it is location that’s not working correctly for sure.

(Paul) #440

Thanks, I’ll try that

Any updates on the upcoming triggers/actions that were announced at launch? In particular the salary trigger and joint account action :pleading_face:

They’re all listed here in the FAQs section: https://monzo.com/features/ifttt/

Been waiting for this for a whillllle

looks like they’re prioritising app performance for now

Yup, that seems fair enough. There’s probably bigger priorities than this :slight_smile: Just hope it hasn’t been forgotten!

(Sean) #444

Anyone at Monzo able to advise whether we could have a new IFTTT trigger for “Any app release from Monzo” don’t really mind if it triggers for App Store and Google Play on both beta and normal code lines but I can’t find any other way to get notified of an update for Android (iOS has a trigger for the App Store)

(Kieran McHugh) #445

It’s a good idea! Is there already an App Store/Play Store trigger on IFTTT? Not sure.

(Jack) #446

If you turn on auto updates for your apps you should get a notification through from the app store / play store when it’s updated.

(Sean) #447

There’s one for App Store but Google haven’t been so obliging.

(Sean) #448

You do but I’m impatient :pray:

Do we know how close we are to incoming triggers? :crossed_fingers:

(Nick) #450

Is there a way of transferring the remaining balance at the end of the month into a pot?

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #451

Unfortunately not. Anything relating to balances be it main account or pots is not available unless you kept track of your incoming and outgoings in a spreadsheet and read it from there.

(Peter Shillito) #452

Just had a fun thing happen. I currently have a “Pre-Orders” pot for stuff I’ve ordered from Amazon. I set up an IFTTT applet to take money out of that pot whenever an Amazon card purchase happens.

One of the transactions that happened was from a marketplace seller and it showed up on my feed as “MT5K98274”. So I sent in a merchant name change request and manually withdrew the money from my pot.

Half an hour ago, the merchant name and logo got fixed and, would you believe it, the IFTTT applet got triggered and withdrew the money again :woman_facepalming:

I have to say, I’m not impressed with it triggering after the fact on something from 15 hours ago just because the merchant name changed… will keep this in mind in future, but probably a bug somewhere along the line.

(Chris Rimell) #453

Ooh that’s interesting. Unless monzo are updating the ifttt capabilities, it’s probably unintended. Definitely worth knowing though!