Monzo & IFTTT - Feedback Megathread

(Michael Oliver) #310

@kieranmch is there a way that you can create an applet that runs at the end of the month that automatically creates a bank statement and move it into a google drive/ Dropbox account?

(Kieran McHugh) #311

Assumably this was an applet you’ve created yourself? Our applet (https://ifttt.com/applets/vcjF6GyL-save-as-you-run-or-cycle-with-strava) is £1 per kilometre, not £1 per metre!

For long distance runners and cyclers, we’ll introduce more variants of this soon.

(Kieran McHugh) #312

Thanks, generating a bank statement is an interesting idea but it’s not on our radar at the moment!

(Stephen) #313

I like this. What happens if there isn’t enough money in the pot - the payment won’t fail will it?

(Kieran McHugh) #314

The pot movement will happen after the transaction happens. This means:

• you need to have enough money in your main account for the transaction to take place
  • if the pot movement fails (deleted pot, not enough in pot) then it won’t stop the transaction from going through.

(Stephen) #315

Excellent. That’s what I like to hear. We have a holiday fund pot set up, but it’s nice knowing that if there isn’t enough money in there whilst we’re away - it’ll still use money that sits in the main account.

(Kenneth Cajigas) #316

Ah! I’ll give that a try, turns out I was using my own :sweat_smile: thank you and good to hear :yum:

(brandon skerritt) #317

Hey!!

There’s an IFTT applet for putting your card expenses into Google Sheets

Can you please make an IFTT applet to put income into Google Sheets?

As a freelancer my income doesn’t come in on a set date nor is it ever the same. I’ve been manually having to input my income into Google Sheets, it would be lovely to be able to have an IFTT do that for me. I’m sure other freelancers will feel the same way :smile:

(Cheryl) #318

Wow! I’ve never used IFTTT before but it’s going to make things so much easier!

I’ve set up various moves from pots, to make sure money is only available on the day it’s going to be used.

The one other thing I would love for this to do would be to allow me to set up a notification every time my Coin Jar total reached a specific amount, or went over it, to allow me to remember to move that cash to long term savings. Don’t think this is possible, yet.

Other than that, amazing.

Something that really impresses me about Monzo is that I always receive a notification the day before a Drirect Debit goes out, to remind me to move my money around. It’s helped a lot. Now, I can automate the actual movement of money as well.

(Simon B) #319

Kanye went on a Twitter rant last night. I now have lots of feed items for Pot movements. This is fun.

(Tom is my hero. Not that one. ) #320

Has anyone figured out a consistent way to chain applets?

Also, on a related note, I’ve been trying to think of a way to target specific stores for my naughty lunch pot. Best I can come up with is to log all transactions to a spreadsheet, then have another applet that looks for a specific address to come up in that sheet. Not yet tested.

Need more triggers and actions, don’t think you can until they make some functions which are both a trigger and an action like the requests I made a above. The ones I suggested would be good for autotagging and categorising transactions for a more seamless summary.

(John Biondini) #325

Is there any way to link the Apple Watch Workouts to Monzo so that every time I record a workout I can move some money into a pot? I didn’t want to use a 3rd party app to create the applets but I can’t find the option.

(Andy) #326

Not at present IFTTT can only log to Apple health not read from it. I believe this is because when your phone is locked your health data is encrypted and not available to any apps so it would only be able to monitor while your phone is unlocked.

(John Biondini) #327

Thank you for claryfing! Guess I’ll need to use a 3rd party app! :slight_smile:

(James Kennard) #328

I’m happy with this duplication for now, I only want to trigger on one category BILLS so I can auto move the money from my Bills pot to cover a bill every time one goes out, leaving my account balance the same after each :slight_smile:

Then I could probably do one more trigger that puts the bills money into the bills pot on each payday in the first place…

(Moaria) #329

Is it possible forMonzo to create an applet that works with Zombies, Run! As I don’t use Strava and I can’t find either an applet that will work with Apple health or Zombies, Run!
Thanks
Alicia

(Peter Roberts) #330

Sounds like you’d need either Apple health or Zombies, Run! to integrate with IFTTT and provide triggers first

(monzo user) #331

Putting my vote in for balance triggers.

I really want to generate an email / push notification when my balance drops below a certain amount.

(That should really be part of the main Monzo mobile app actually).

(Dan Webb ) #332

Can we get some triggers for money coming into an account?

and possibly even better, payment tagged with a particular description? e.g. “office milk fund”