Monzo & IFTTT - Feedback Megathread

(MikeF) #208

I’m sure there are but given that’s entirely voluntary, we’re each free to take that decision for ourselves and our personal attitude to risk/privacy.

(Caspar Aremi) #209

As an update to myself, this ran at 7am.

My gym visit one didn’t run but I realised IFTTT had logged out on my phone and wouldn’t let me back in. (I think because I enabled 2FA on the website yesterday). I reinstalled it and gave it location permissions so hopefully it’ll run over the weekend when I go again! :crossed_fingers:

(Mark Cocks) #210

Although i have created a workflow to simultaneously trigger 4 rules (move 150 to my travel pot, 100 to my clothes pot, 150 to my entertainment pot and 245 to my rent pot), i’d prefer to be able to set a trigger that says when my salary gets paid, split it over the various pots. Can you please create such a trigger?

(Tim Chambers) #211

:rocket::heart_eyes: This really is brilliant. I’ve activated the following so far:

Now I’ve activated the 1p Savings Challenge, I’m gonna have to catch up; and as I assume it won’t run today as I’ve only just activated, that’s 159 days (£127.20)* to put in :joy:

(I’m gonna cheat and transfer the money from my other savings pot :speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:)

*I used a spreadsheet to work that one out for me. :joy:

(Kevyn) #212

Exactly. I doubt Monzo would add my rule below to the actual Monzo app. IFTTT is just to add flavour. The app itself will still get features.

If your other savings are earning any interest I wouldn’t bother

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #214

Excellent , some of these applets are so funny :slight_smile:

(Tim Chambers) #215

Negative. They’re just sat in a different pot. I’ll edit the post :wink:

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #216

Yeah this new feature its so S**t isn’t it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Haha ok.

(Kevyn) #219

Apparently, the ISS orbits the Earth 15.5 times a day so I wanted to keep the savings small until I understand how often it may trigger - is the tigger close orbits or my actual house :sweat_smile:

I think the feature is good and the amount of automation it bring. Now if the market place had a way of using this automation into a savings account that earned interest on your cash using things like the 1p challenge … bring it on, but until then I would use a feature like this for a month then transfer the money out at the end of each month

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #221

you could be bankrupt soon :slight_smile:

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #222

totally agree see my earlier post with the same conclusion

Haha. I think I read it but my short term memory has failed me :grinning:

It triggers a lot. I ended up turning off the notification that tells me it’s gone over my house!

(Peter Shillito) #225

FYI, there is a delay on renaming a pot in the app and it recognising the change on IFTTT. For a bit I was worried it wouldn’t and might cause complications, but seems all good.

(Jonathon) #226

Just in case this hasn’t been covered yet - what IFTTT can do.

IFTTT actually scares me! There are SO many things you can do I got a little overwhelmed when I first got it!

(Sameer Patel) #227

Can an action be to mark to “exclude from summary”

(Alex Sherwood) #228

Out of interest, which types of transactions would you use that for & why?