Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

Still no sign of 2.62.0 :pleading_face:

Itā€™s on its way to the beta channel :wink:

2 Likes

Brill, thanks! Been refreshing all day.

Itā€™s my little bit of fun at the end of the week seeing how the new nav is coming along :blush:

1 Like

Itā€™s just dropped for meā€¦

1 Like

Oh itā€™s fancy

2 Likes

The transaction slide doesnā€™t seem as fluid. You canā€™t seem to go the opposite direction quickly without it glitching?

2 Likes

Good grief - the pull-down animation is awful

3 Likes

Really? I quite like it

Ask a thousand Monzo community forum members, get a thousand views!

5 Likes

I like it too

1 Like

I donā€™t mind the pull down animation, but I feel like it needs some ā€˜bounceā€™, or elasticity. Itā€™s a bit too harsh an end - if that makes sense :face_with_monocle:

Edit: perhaps the minimized screen travels down, off the bottom of the screen? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Another one here to say I really like the pull down animation.

Itā€™s slick and much easier to navigate through pots and accounts with one hand. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

The pull down used to shrink the card in proportion to the drag and in a fluid way ā€˜morphedā€™ from the card display (Home) into the accounts list display as you dragged it down beyond a certain point. Very slick.

With 2.62, when you start dragging a card down, the whole screen instantly reduces in size to - a guess of - 75% and stays there as you drag down until a certain point where it snaps into the account screen with no transformation/morph animation at all. Itā€™s very jarring and, imho, a big step back from pre 2.62 versions.

Of note, the transformation back from the accounts list display to the chosen card display remains fluid and slick.

(Android Q beta 6)

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a fade, and if on a card, the card animates to its new position on the account screen.
Also running Android 10 Beta 6.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m seeing the same as @jtaylor69 - itā€™s nice and smooth.

Perhaps its performance related, so those with less ā€œpowerfulā€ devices just see it snap rather than transition?

2 Likes

@davidwalton I presume you havenā€™t tweaked the animation speeds under the system developer options, right?
The animations perform quite quickly under normal conditions, so wonder if thatā€™d have any bearing if so?

Havenā€™t changed any developer settings on my Pixel2 XL for a while now, apart from force-dark-mode

The change to the down-drag anim only occurred after updating from 2.61.1 to 2.62. Nothing else was changed.

More investigation neededā€¦:

Iā€™m getting a smooth animation too.

The screen shrinks like @davidwalton describes, then at a certain point the card/pot image smoothly shrinks down to itā€™s place in the list.

(Xiaomi Mi 9)

1 Like

Also using a 2XL here, so that rules out the device being an issue. Not sure tbh!

1 Like

2XL here too - works for me. On the latest Android 10 (Q) beta too. :thinking:

1 Like