Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

Ah ok. I could do with summary disappearing though as it’s completely useless.:grin:

1 Like

A big thumbs down :-1: from me… I don’t understand the thinking behind removing the summary widget and hiding the feed items on the new layout… as for the summary button… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

that’s so hidden and not intuitive

I agree. I can’t for the life of me think it’s intentional.

1 Like

… and the feed on my joint account hangs when I switch to it, just seeing the spinning circle… :frowning:

Edit: refreshing the feed seems to have resolved the issue with my joint account…

I reckon it is but I think a triangle shaped symbol would make more sense, to “pull” it up

I prefer the feed in the half open state, it aligns with the bottom of the card and feels far more “correct”…

Screenshot_20190620-210302_Monzo

I think I preferred the peeking card the most. Got to be honest I don’t think any of them feel quite right at the moment.

5 Likes

Not sure that I like half of the home screen occupied by the card. My primary use of the home screen is to see my balance, remaining budget and transactions…

I wonder if they’ve done it this way to tile more icons like you would have on your phone? :thinking:

1 Like

I think that would be pretty terrible. I want an intuitive way to use app, not a jumble of icons. I guess we have to wait for an update from Monzo

3 Likes

Oh god I hope not. Right now I’d move help to Summary and Summary to help. Help seems to fit in with the rest of the buttons whereas Summary really doesn’t.

1 Like

I hope not too. Or dare I say it… Ads :skull_and_crossbones:

They’ve opened up a lot of space for something.

Pulse graph V2? :grinning:

1 Like

Definitely doesn’t look good on my screen. Text cut off all over.

Pulse graph :joy: Hope ads will never happen!

2 Likes

I want to believe it’s a result of their hotfix on android and that it’ll be back to normal with the next update…

3 Likes

Does not bother wrapping on my screen - the icons head off the side of the screen instead

Hoping this is a temporary lash up to get it working again

1 Like

:tada: NEW – Version: 2.54.0 :tada:

You can now choose within the app to have your prefered name or legal name on your debit card:
(No option to change your prefered name to something else within the app yet though!)

Check it out at: monzo://new_card_name

Click here for this week’s teardown.

9 Likes

I’ve just turned it on. First impressions are good although that might just be because it’s different. Glad summary is hidden away as it’s useless for me. I like the carousel for pots, even if it is slightly off centre.

2 Likes

Hi I’ve just updated to the latest beta on playstore and app is force closing, I’m on latest Android Q beta , anyone else having issue?