Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

Oh no. I hope youā€™re on the mend!

1 Like

Itā€™s just a super bad cold, that floored me.

:see_no_evil:

I want to tap like but it feels kinda inappropriate.

Lots of that going around here, too :frowning:

4 Likes

Issue: cannot launch Monzo, because no icon and no launch button on Play Store. App still shows as installed in settings

Go to Play Store and try to launch. Following screen
vending

Device: Xiaomi Redmi 4
App Version: beta 2.19.1

This is a known change:

As itā€™s not a bug Iā€™m going to merge into the change log thread

Would have been nice to have some notice of this!

Disappointed to see Chat has been removed from press and hold shortcuts. I know Monzo donā€™t want people to get on chat too often and use help section but this small change felt like they are creating unnecessary barriers just like some companies who present you with 20 options to choose on phone.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

I agreeā€¦ Thatā€™s a shame! However I would hazard a guess to there being a slightly less sinister reason, itā€™s probably because by holding the app icon pressing it takes you straight to the intercom section of the help chat thing as opposed to chat to a real human which lets you choose between urgent and non-urgent.

Skipping past that whole option mightā€™ve made people wait longer than they had to (assuming the issue was a very urgent one) :blush:

It can be removed, therefore it can be added back with the same amount of effort :wink: we might see it return once monzo have their in-house chat option rolled out! :tada:

2 Likes

Version 2.20.0 :grin::grin:

Changelog:
Screenshot_20181017-185935

Apkmirror: soonā„¢ļø

4 Likes

IMG_20181017_130358

Did the ā€œit looks like youā€™ll have some money left overā€ message disappear for anyone else after the update? Unless it disappeared for some other reason.

Havenā€™t seen that message all month :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure I saw it a few days ago, but maybe Iā€™m going slightly mad :sweat_smile:

You probably have, I meant I have had the opposite message. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Yes, I still have the message showing for me.

Just to pour salt into the wound @BethS mine says Iā€™ve got over Ā£100 :wink: it of course wonā€™t be that at the end of the month!

1 Like

I never even knew the other message existed :joy: #tragic

3 Likes

2.21.0 now available :blush:

Screenshot_20181025-175108_Google%20Play%20Store

Edit: APKMirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-21-0-release/monzo-bank-2-21-0-android-apk-download/

3 Likes

Version 2.21.0 is definitely available :tada:

Looks like I was beaten to the punch by a couple of minutes :eyes: But in the meantime Iā€™ve dug around and looked for new features :grin:

Pot Image Edits!

Screenshot_20181025-181124 Screenshot_20181025-181131

Click the settings cog on any of your pots and tap the photo! Sadly thereā€™s no custom image uploads (yet) but itā€™s awesome to be able to edit without deleting a whole pot just to alter the photo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Set a profile photo (again)

Looks like this was broken in Android 9.0 Pie but itā€™s back again, you can upload, remove and take a new photo for your Monzo.me / Monzo-to-Monzo payments picture :blush:

Screenshot_2018-10-25-18-20-04

(Anybody else think an 8-bit Monzo card would look hella awesome?! :sunglasses:)

Under the Hood

You can definitely check the Slack channel for a full teardown of the APK :eyes::see_no_evil: but a summary of the changes this week is this; thereā€™s been a LOT of changes surrounding Pots! :honey_pot:

Not to mention Tabs! :tada: Looks like some changes to the contacts screen might be incomingā€¦ Starred Contacts anybody? :star:

And Iā€™ll leave the rest as a surprise for the future :joy:

9 Likes

Version 2.22.0 :boom::boom::boom:

Nothing on the surface for me yetā€¦ But I know thereā€™s some new things lurking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Scratch that! :joy::joy: They added a new Monzo-Blue pot background colour :wink:

Screenshot_20181102-182724

Apk mirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-22-0-release/monzo-bank-2-22-0-android-apk-download/

2 Likes

2.22.0 Changes :eyes:
Iā€™m going to make this a wiki so feel free to add to it until I close it :blush:

Blue pot background :grin:
Screenshot_20181102-184614

Add to Google pay :grin:

Screenshot_2018-11-03-00-37-40
Screenshot_2018-11-02-22-16-54

1 Like

Screenshot_20181102-221226_1ss

Thereā€™s a big add to Google Pay button. This is good however Iā€™ve already added my card to Google Pay long ago so I donā€™t really need this.

3 Likes