Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog đŸ•”

What version of the app are you on? I’m on 2.8.0 and it works for me

Ah that would make sense. You can just cancel it and set it back up

Android 2.8.0 - the standing order was transferred over via CASS though. As Jack says.

Such a bizarre issue. It’s just a regular same day each month SO. I’m not a developer, but I don’t understand why there would ever be a problem just because it came over with CASS.

Makes sense. I saw in another thread it was mentioned that they wanted to keep the same customer experience
 So if your standing order falls on a weekend it won’t be claimed unlike non CASS ones which will go on weekends. I think they tried to keep the same experience rather than explain to customers the difference properly.

My advice would be to cancel and set back up so you get the full Monzo experience :joy:

To me it sounds like there are two separate standing order systems, or at least two different encodings of them. Potentially this could be due to the existing monzo implementation being insufficient to fulfill all the possible requirements needed to support the CASS protocol

1 Like

Beta 2.9

Screenshot_20180801-132854

1 Like

I used the internal tooling version of that button today :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Direct Debit re try? :thinking:

3 Likes

Free money button? At last!

10 Likes

Everyone loves a button. I like chocolate buttons :wink:

2 Likes

They got rid of that button :frowning:

2 Likes

I am guessing DD retries.

I swear the overdraft button wasn’t there in my joint account before updating. Really looking forward to DD retries if it is that though.

I got a new “Find out about overdrafts” button on Joint Account but I can’t proceed further than first screen: Screenshot_20180801-200524
Buttons don’t work, can’t tap on the amount to edit the number either :frowning:

4 Likes

Anyone else thinking the App is looking terrible right now? It really looks chucked together.

2 Likes

What specifically makes you think this? :grin:

I don’t disagree in full
 But I wouldn’t go as far as saying chucked together :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Disclaimer
 I know nothing about design! :joy: But I still have my opinions on what looks tidy / not :grin:
The Monzo app looks clean (on the surface!) The feed is nice, UI elements _feel_like they’re correct. I still miss the hamburger menu :wink: but understand why it went. The bottom navigation isn’t bad and everything about it seems to match up with the material guidelines!

I think one part of the app which could use some improvement is the settings screen. That’s the dumping ground and I believe Monzo are very very aware of this. Lots of bits with no other home seem to land there and that’s it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Statements, joint account creation, etc. They DON’T belong there IMO. The pages should all be reviewed and new sections be added where appropriate. The settings should be limited to app settings and misc items. Not functional banking features / account actions. It’s too hidden away for new users. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m specifically thinking of the Account and Payments tab.

Account
Two grouped sections at the top. Not sure why ‘Manage Overdraft’ has to be on the front page of the tab. The top part seems to have some account details, fair enough. When I click it it seems to be settings for the entire app. The first two things in that list are my home address and phone number. Handy I suppose if I ever forget, but why are they there, and at the top? I then have some app settings, then if I scroll down it tells me my bank details, such as account and sort number, address. I then have a random button saying ‘Payments with Friends’ that I have no idea what it means. Apparently it’s something to do with privacy. I then have terms and conditions and privacy policy.

I then have a rather ugly looking picture of my card taking up the a lot of the screen, with the last four digits, the expiry and my name on it. That’s a lot of real estate for very little information. I then have the options to Add Money, Freeze Card Temporarily and PIN. At the very bottom I get an option to Create Pot, which I guess Monzo thinks we are less likely to do than manage our overdrafts?

Just on a whole that tab seems very poorly laid out, and I can’t see much order to how the information is displayed and categorised.

Payments

My top options in ‘SEND’ payments are bank transfer, Scheduled Payments, and Nearby Friends. Only two of those seems to be about sending payments though? Scheduled Payments seems to be what it says on the tin, so it seems misplaced. When you click in to it you see your scheduled payments, and you have an option to create a ‘scheduled pot’. Is a scheduled pot different from a pot? Do they need to be in two different locations?

You then have ‘Pay someone on Monzo’ with the pictures of others who are on Monzo. Just those though, and the ‘Add people’ button doesn’t let you add a new contact, but brings up your contacts list so you can invite someone to Monzo. Bit annoying as it seems at first glance to be exactly where you would add a new contact. You then have recents, which is the only place you can select people you have set up previously via a bank transfer. Can’t do anything but send them more money though, no icons or anything. It’s just who you sent to recently as well so it’s not alphabetical order. I also hope people don’t drop off it since it’s just a ‘recents’ list.

After that I can invite friends to monzo, again. Do we need two buttons for this, one right after another? I then have two golden tickets. I thought the waiting list was over, but ok.

That’s all the SEND tab, the REQUEST tab seems to be about monzo.me. Fair enough.

Again just seems not very well put together. When looking for something in Monzo I’m not confident that I am just looking in the wrong place or if it actually doesn’t exist yet. I feel the app needs some serious attention to design, and thought into how information is presented.

3 Likes

@iptoriga @nexusmaniac

Can I suggest you create a new thread for this conversation? This topic is about the beta rollouts and feedback on the updates not just general feedback

1 Like

The app always seemed a bit like they’ve delegated one page per developer and they all have different styles
 I presume that’ll converge over time if only because it’s a heck of a lot easier to write code that way. They’re also suffering from removing the burger menu but not having any replacement, so you get the ‘hidden’ screen behind the accounts panel.

100% agree that the “Scheduled Payments” section should probably have its own tab along with “SEND” and “REQUEST”.

1 Like